Color grading removal

Guest Oui230

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=

In the mean time while we wait, is a tool like this illegal to use?

Does anyone know? I know on their FAQ they haven't heard any official statement from DICE about it, nor any bans linked to altering the color grading.

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=

Does anyone know? I know on their FAQ they haven't heard any official statement from DICE about it, nor any bans linked to altering the color grading.

This and anything like this is illegal to use. It modifies files, so yeah...

Guest Phantomb

Your not gonna get banned by PB for using a color grading tool. Dice said they would ban you for using the tool in which you can make your own damage mod hack. But there are others in which you can ONLY remove color gradings. Those tools are safe enough to use. Me and around 7 other people i know have been using them for around 5 weeks, not once been kicked. Game looks sexy as hell though :)

http://bf3.realmware.co.uk/colour-tweaker/ << the tool i use. "safe" to use on punkbuster servers at the minute. The only thing other anti-cheat clients could do to you is you get kicked from public servers. They can't ban you.

Guest xprowlerx
Your not gonna get banned by PB for using a color grading tool. Dice said they would ban you for using the tool in which you can make your own damage mod hack. But there are others in which you can ONLY remove color gradings. Those tools are safe enough to use. Me and around 7 other people i know have been using them for around 5 weeks, not once been kicked. Game looks sexy as hell though :)

http://bf3.realmware.co.uk/colour-tweaker/ << the tool i use. "safe" to use on punkbuster servers at the minute. The only thing other anti-cheat clients could do to you is you get kicked from public servers. They can't ban you.

well i m really tempted to use it but do you know if other anti-cheat software like esl wire or uac will ban you for that?

Guest Phantomb
Works with esl wire. Played like 5 games with it on. Turned it off for UAC. You can turn it off by clicking like one button. Pretty good though

Guest Exla357
You will occasionally get kicked for 5 minutes for "M5D Tool Mismatch" no matter what program you use. I would wait until the patch with the command comes out.

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=
You will occasionally get kicked for 5 minutes for "M5D Tool Mismatch" no matter what program you use. I would wait until the patch with the command comes out.

Yep, the MD5 hash for the file it modifies isn't going to match what PB has. It'd be awesome if DICE endorsed this tool until the patch came out and altered the expected MD5 to the default hash and the one using that utility.

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
IDK... I was looking forward to trying it out so I could see for myself, but from some of the screenshots I've seen posted I have mixed feelings about how much I would use it anyway. In some places it seems to look a lot better, but then in others it ends up looking a little disney.

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

Also, I'll be passing this up in JCS for review so we can establish a definitive answer to your question.

Guest RET.MG.Qotsa=US=

Pretty plain and simple here:

=US= 32-12

Cheating in any game at any time by any member is not authorized and will result in a =US= discharge. Cheating includes but not limited to: Hacking, Exploiting, Stat padding, or manipulating any game files that would change the game play or give the player an unfair advantage in any way (this does not refer to Mods). Blocking Server screen shots with a third party program will also resort in a ban after thorough investigation, If Intel concludes that the member has been blocking screen shot intentionally, the member under investigation will be banned and dishonorably discharged.

Unless the General approves it this will be considered Manipulating game files and against regs. Screenshots are and will continue to be monitored, Anyone caught using it will face the consequences.

Guest xprowlerx
R&U sir... I will not use it unless Gen approves it... what needs to be further investigated is if removing the tint will give any sort of advantage

I'm not going to use it unless Dice gives the OK. But so far they are being rudey poos for saying yes and getting my hopes up, only to smash my face in the asphalt when they let me down. :'(

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
manipulating any game files that would change the game play or give the player an unfair advantage in any way

Under that reg the tool is illegal to use however a tool such as FXAA Injector is not, that doesn't modify any game files, rather it applies filters on top of your game to produce a different effect, something that can readily be done with any good screen firmware to say the least. I don't know if its an unfair advantage, under that reg any software that modify's mouse sensitivity on the fly is an unfair advantage. Which leads me to think the reg needs to be re-written to be clearer since its one of the essential regs.

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=

Respectfully, Sergeant Major, I think that's where "including but not limited to" comes into play. FXAA Injector injects code into the game. Clearly this would be something that would be disallowed; after all, that's "only" what aimbots and whatnot do.

Anyway guys, the colonel has come with an order. If anyone has any more questions, comments, or concerns on this issue (or the regulations), please take it to PMs lest we have a replay of the cursing thread. If you HAVE to reply to this thread, just give the colonel an R&U. The colonel speaks for JCS, so don't try to countermand his order by saying you won't do it unless the general, DICE, or anyone else says it's ok. The colonel says it's not allowed, so if you're in the clan it's not allowed.

Archived