Opinions on my YouTube intro please!

Guest Marine6186

Guest Marine6186

So for the past week or so I have been working on a YouTube intro for us. But, I have no outside criticism... that's where you all come in.

This is not a finished project and is on YouTube as "unlisted"

I would love some feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cJZ-dL-hTw&feature=youtu.be

Things I am already aware of:

1. My camera is a little shaky at certain points

2. My bullet is ugly (still working on it. I don't have 3D editing software to create one so I am hoping with enough blur and reflection it will look good)

3. There is no sound

EVERYTHING about this video is editable. From the font, and camera angles all the way to the explosions. I can create anything (for the most part) to add to this video... for example maybe you think right before the bullet is fired we should see a hint of scope glare.

Thanks in advance for taking a look.

Also, there will not be anymore previews of the video until it is finished.

Guest Skulker

Nice work man...

I like the outline,

background could be bf footage or a slide show perhaps from many of the =US= vids out there.

sound could be soldiers singing cadence or battle noise that always sounds cool

the font is cool looking

I could not tell if that was a bullet until it hit the lettering but I liked that effect of it hitting the lettering, maybe seeing more of the bullet starting from a side view going to a fps view when it hits, that would look cool. Maybe more bullets at a time spraying the letters would look cool. each bullet could have words like team work, respect, honor..etc on them for some of the attributes of our clan... or perhaps ARMY, NAVY, MARINES...etc just some key words...

a few thoughts from my non creative brain...

its coming along well...

Guest Prostego

That's definately a really solid start. I think the two biggest things I'd like to see are:

something to indicate the bullet is moving, like a vapour trail. simply becaseu right now it's kind of just a brassy blob hanging in space.

The other thing that seemed a little off was the movement of the lettering/camera just after the bullet hits,

you're basically zooming in then hit and the camera jerks and you're fast panning out. It might work a little better if you set it up to show the bullet blowing the letters away form camera. So like everything stays the same up to the hit, but them the camera stays static while the letters fall/flip back away and come into view that way.

Anyway aside form that it was great and the actual bullet hit looks superb. nice flames as well.

Keep up the Good Work!

Guest Marine6186
Nice work man...

I like the outline,

background could be bf footage or a slide show perhaps from many of the =US= vids out there.

sound could be soldiers singing cadence or battle noise that always sounds cool

the font is cool looking

I could not tell if that was a bullet until it hit the lettering but I liked that effect of it hitting the lettering, maybe seeing more of the bullet starting from a side view going to a fps view when it hits, that would look cool. Maybe more bullets at a time spraying the letters would look cool. each bullet could have words like team work, respect, honor..etc on them for some of the attributes of our clan... or perhaps ARMY, NAVY, MARINES...etc just some key words...

a few thoughts from my non creative brain...

its coming along well...

Thanks SPC. I don't want to change the background too much because I want people to focus on my animations not something I didn't create. But, you are right the black background is boring... I will look into something new.

Yeah, my bullet is not pretty at all. All I did was create a circle and add a texture similar to a bullet just so I had a visual reference as it was moving through space. I will be adding rotation, reflection, motion blur, and a smoke or vapor trail to the bullet so it looks more realistic.

I don't want to add to many more effects. The clip is 22 seconds long and that is about 10 seconds longer than most intros I have made. If I added that I would either have to extend the video or rush it to be complete in 22 seconds. I could incorporate something like that in the video. Or, maybe an 'endtro'

That's definately a really solid start. I think the two biggest things I'd like to see are:

something to indicate the bullet is moving, like a vapour trail. simply becaseu right now it's kind of just a brassy blob hanging in space.

The other thing that seemed a little off was the movement of the lettering/camera just after the bullet hits,

you're basically zooming in then hit and the camera jerks and you're fast panning out. It might work a little better if you set it up to show the bullet blowing the letters away form camera. So like everything stays the same up to the hit, but them the camera stays static while the letters fall/flip back away and come into view that way.

Anyway aside form that it was great and the actual bullet hit looks superb. nice flames as well.

Keep up the Good Work!

I will be adding rotation, reflection, motion blur, and a smoke or vapor trail to the bullet so it looks more realistic. There is 3d bullet software but I don't want to buy it. I have enough software to play with. So, basically I am trying to create the illusion and it is going to be very difficult to pull off.

Yeah I have to fix a lot of the camera movements. The issue there is I have the camera as the "parent" layer (means something is following side by side as the camera moves) with some of the effects. So, when I fix the camera I have to fix the effect because now it has moved.... it is just a slow process.

Thanks for the input! I would love to hear more.

Archived