Black border in every new Steam Game

Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=

Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with every new Steam game I purchased since the Summer Sale started. I have a screen resolution of 1920x1080. I bought Driver: San Francisco, Trine 2 and now also PAYDAY: The Heist. Every of these games have a black border of about 50px left & right and 25px top & bottom. I can't even move the mouse over this border, it looks like the resolution would be false. But I've set the resolution in every game to my actual 1920x1080.

I hope someone of you knows how to fix this.

My rig:

» AMD Phenom II X4 955 (4x3.2GHz)

» ATI Radeon HD5770

» 8 GB DIMM DDR3

» Biostar TA770XE3

Don't know more

Regards

PO3.Padarom

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=

Try turning off steam's in game chat system that it likes to overlay on incompatible games.

Right click the game in steam, properties and uncheck the box about steam in game chat.

Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=
Thanks for your reply, but the border remains in every of these games. Steam is turned off ingame :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=

Finally I wound the mistake.

I use HDMI for my screen, because I have implemented speakers - Which are (afaik) only accessible by HDMI.

When I switch to a DVI cable and plug the HDMI out everything works fine, no black border.

But I can't use my speakers then, so I have to switch between HDMI and DVI every time I want to play those games^^

Archived