iTunes

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=

Guest RET.SMA.VicVegas=US=

I updated my stats about an hour ago. I first updated all the data on bf3stats, which took forever. They might be having an issue. Don't know. Then i updated on the mos site.

Great, my itunes did that amazingly stupid thing it does where it decides all of a sudden to not work.

Opened this morning to sync some new songs to my ipod for work, had a 5 hour shift, got back home and lo and behold itunes doesnt want to open.

Tried all the guides online, this happened to me before but a simple reinstall worked. Not this time. Reinstalled, used Revo to remove everything and reinstall again. No dice. Im extremely computer savvy so please go into detail if you have a fix.

Anyone have this before?

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
What is happening iTunes just isn't opening and no message? Try booting into safe mode and opening the program there.

I run the program, it opens in task manager gets up to 12k useage in processes and doesnt go any further than that. Tried running in safe mode and tried running to create a new library, neither of these methods works.

Guest Peace

Control Panel > Programs and Features / Add/Remove Programs > iTunes > right click > repair / install.

If the repair does not work, just download the application again and let it replace the existing original files.

It is very rare, at least for me, repair works, it is usually just easier to install again, but the computer geek in me says save that for later.

Did all that but it didnt work, however yesterday magically it started working again.

crazy itunes.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Yeah thats odd. For me iTunes has always been bloated and slow on Windows, but its worked. Although moving your library outside the main system hard drive can make you want to pull your hair out.

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
Not trolling, since I don't actually use the software myself - I typically use Google Play. However, if you need to sync Apple products in Windows and iTunes is acting wonky, go with CopyTrans Manager: http://www.copytrans.net/copytransmanager.php. Unless I'm missing something, it works fine with all models of Apple i- devices. Using iTunes in Windows is kind of like using Windows Media Center on Leopard. It's meant to integrate into its own native OS and therefore was built with a different intention in mind. As much as they've kept it compatible with Windows and standalone, it's still too bulky.

Archived