Battlefield 3 Laggy on My Laptop

Guest Xyebo

Guest Xyebo

Lemme repost from my BF3 forums:

'sup everyone. Yes, I know that laptops are bad choice for gaming and stuff, I have it. And I have some problems. Since recent times BF3 runs kind of laggy. Sometimes the game stops for a few milliseconds, which annoys me a bit, especially in combat situations. Also, I experience kind of low FPS in Close Quarter maps. Here's my specs:

Toshiba Qosmio X775-Q7270

Core i5, Intel i5-2410M / 2.3 GHz

DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz 6GB RAM

640 GB HDD / 5400 rpm

PCI Express - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M - 1.5 GB GDDR5 SDRAM 4095 MB

Help?

Guest RET.LTG.STORM=US=
Check NVIDIA for new driver >then check the heat coming out of your notebook see if you are over heating the video card when running BF3

Guest M3ATSHI3LD

When the game is running:

Open up Task Manager

Go to bf3.exe process

Right click

Select - Set Affinity

Clear the Checkbox for CPU 0

Click Ok

See if that helps and let us know.

Guest Xyebo
I currently have 290.53 NVIDIA Beta driver, previously had some 285 driver. The problem with versions later than 290 is that when I am in the air or far away from the roads, they become of greenish color, looks like some texture processing problem. The main suspect I think is overheating then. How can I deal with it having no resources, no hands that are able to make anything, and having a huge movable fan on stand that is used to cool down the house?

Guest Xyebo
When the game is running:

Open up Task Manager

Go to bf3.exe process

Right click

Select - Set Affinity

Clear the Checkbox for CPU 0

Click Ok

See if that helps and let us know.

Hmmm, the weird thing happens, it says that operation could not be completed, acces denied.

Guest MadButcher
you need to be an administrator on your computer to click that process but BF3 has been reall wierd for me lately as well and in the forums it appears to be a common problem sense the play with DICE thing launched.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SoupyFlow
You might have already solved your problem, but are you doing a complete wipe of your drivers before installing the latest ones? I think NVIDIA has that built-in to the driver installer now, but Driver Sweeper works well too.

Archived