Artifacts help.

Guest Marine6186

Guest Marine6186

Hey gents,

Hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. In game I occasionally see jeeps with purple rims, tanks with bright colors, missing "sections" of the ground, and annoying lines they you only see zoomed in. I believe someone else recently posted about their artifact issues http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/barracks/showthread.php?19603-Here-s-what-I-mean-when-I-say-quot-There-are-so-many-artifacts-quot-on-BF3-%28Video%29&highlight=artifacts.

My issues are nothing like that. Doesn't happen every round, most of the time it is just some of the colors are wrong and I see bright purples and pinks. This has also just recently started (past 3 weeks) The only things that has changed since then:

New 23" second monitor, it is the exact same as the other one. I was always running duals, it was just the other one was old and was running off AVI.

After I set up the second monitor one was running HDMI the other DVI-D, now there are both DVI-D. The issues didn't start until after they both went DVI-D.

Updated my video drivers to the lastest and greatest.

Optimized my graphics http://www.geforce.com/optimize/optimal-game-settings/Battlefield-3-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-560-Ti-OPS this is what my graphics are set to now. Before everything is ULTRA now was HIGH.

Here is my rig:

MB: MSI Z68A-GD80 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB SDRAM DDR3

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX560 Ti

HDD1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD

HDD2: 1TB WD HDD

Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" LED

O/S: Windows 7 Home Premium

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Just for testing sake, turn the settings down to low for a round or two and see if the problem is still happening.

Guest Marine6186
I will try that sir, only thing is that it doesn't happen too often maybe one out of 5 games... Guess I will just have to play a day or two with low(er) settings and see what happens.

Archived