New Shotgun

Guest Halabrad

Guest Halabrad

I plan on going out and getting my first shotgun in the next week or so. One of my local shops have a 12ga Remington 870 (http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model-870/model-870-express-synthetic-7-round.aspx) for $340

they also carry a USED Benilli Supernova pump (http://www.hyattgunstore.com/benelli-supernova-tactical-12-ga-black-comfortech-rifle-sights-18.5-barrel.html) for $360

any suggestions between the two?

Guest M240guy
Tough to go wrong with either. I am really, really familiar with the 870 and it is a good weapon. IMO, unless you are going to go all-in on an automatic like an M4 Super 90, or something, best sticking with the Remington. Simple and inexpensive to maintain and repair and you gain no real advantage over it with that particular Benelli.

Guest M3ATSHI3LD
The Remington 870 is the way to go for sure. You could also look into the Mossberg 500. I have an awesome setup on my Mossberg right now and I will try to get a picture posted up in a bit. My buddy has an 870 we would both live and die by the Rem 870 or the Mossberg 500. Both are excellent weapons that will last for a very long time.

Guest M240guy
The Remington 870 is the way to go for sure. You could also look into the Mossberg 500. I have an awesome setup on my Mossberg right now and I will try to get a picture posted up in a bit. My buddy has an 870 we would both live and die by the Rem 870 or the Mossberg 500. Both are excellent weapons that will last for a very long time.

What he said ^^^^^. As an MSG, we had both 500s and 870s. They are very similar and are both money.

Guest Halabrad
well it looks the the 870 is by far the most popular. If I was looking for some aftermarker stocks (pistol grip) and some forend rails, any suggestions on maker, or does it really matter?

Guest RET.LCDR.2DyESaMuRi=US=
Depending on the condition of the Benilli, that is the way to go. They make some of the best shotguns in the world. They are reliable and effective. They are duel rail slides which makes the weapon frame stronger. Also they feel like silk in my opinion when pumping. You will not go wrong with the Benelli. If I could afford one that is what I would go with. They are also easy to maintain.

Guest M3ATSHI3LD

Competitions between special police forces showed that the Benelli is outperformed by the Remington 870 at least in the hands of those in the competition. You are right about them being like silk, but from what I have read they are not quite as rugged as the 870 or Mossberg 500.

Overall you can't go wrong either way with the choices you listed. If you can test fire them you may want to make your decision based on how they feel to you personally as in the end you are the one that has to shoot it. Word of warning, if you fire slugs from a Mossberg 500 you will want to have a recoil reducing buttstock or you will fire about 5 rounds and be near tears from the pain. Other shots outside of slugs is alright though!

Archived