BF2?

Guest famusjupiter

Guest famusjupiter

I know it's old, but if anybody sees this and happens to have any tips, plz lemme know

--- what did everybody DO about the ridiculous hit registration issues in this game?!?! I've heard it's poor programming, i've heard the hitboxes are intact and do work, they're just not placed 'exactly' where you see the visual representation... a bunch of c**p :)

the real question is, what do ya do about it?? If anybody knows _why_ the hit reg was so terrible that would be cool too, but i really just need to know what everybody did to handle it -- i'm getting WHALED on in MP (nothing new there) but at least in this game i can say it's because none of my bullets are registering as hits! I literally unloaded a Squad Assault Rifle clip 3/4 of the way on one guy yesterday, and NOTHING. He finished flossing his teeth, took a leak really quick, reloaded his weapon, shuffled his feet, lined up, and THEN shot me - twice - and boom, i'm dead :)

Somebody? Anybody? Pleeez??

I can't wait to come back, btw, the Navy will improvise adapt and overcome as well - just saying

Guest miyamotogL

Nothing magic to fix the hit registry. Other games of the era had the same issues (CS 1.6 for example). Basically you just play a lot until you naturally adjust where you need to aim. That guy has probably been playing the game for years and therefor has already completed the learning curve.

Other tips:

Run Medic until you unlock the G36 (It was completely OP back in the day).

There are some sniper tutorials online for BF2, there were a couple techniques that allowed highly accurate "reaction" shooting, almost quick-scope speed.

And in the heli's, you can roll them over (absolute brilliance in the middle of a heli-battle!).

Archived