What is your reaction speed?

Guest RET.LCDR.2DyESaMuRi=US=

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
lol yeah that explains a lot about how I play BF3 given the above scores... 207.6, lowest 196 :p

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=

Hmnn somehow i think that this test is a little system dependant.

It takes 10-33ms for the computer to register your mouse click depending on whether you have wireless or not. It also takes your monitor roughly 6-20ms to respond to the change. The Java applet registering the click also takes time, however this is near consistent in all tests(1-2ms).

So say your using a 400Hz monitor with a 2ms refresh time and a mouse with a 10ms input lag and you score 200ms, your real reaction time should be 188ms. But if you went to another computer with 60Hz monitor and a 20ms refresh time, and a 30ms input lag mouse, you score 250ms, your real reaction time would be an entire 50ms faster at 200ms.

Taking 2dye's sample of 199ms. He's using a 1-2ms mouse and probably using a 60Hz monitor with a redraw of 16.67ms and response of 10ms. Meaning his actual response time is 170.33ms. (big difference).

Guest RhinoTech
Regardless of SGM.Thieving being correct, I believe the reaction time given by the site does represent our reaction time accurately (despite the results being partially dependent on hardware). Until those hardware components have been upgraded, a person will be hampered by lower tiered gaming equipment, despite their competency or skill. (Cannot take the test right now due to work computers having Flash disabled...)

Archived