SPORE

Guest Tiesto

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
I happen to come by a copy a few days ago, it is quite an amazing game I would recommend it to anyone who asks. This is the first game in awhile that i've played that immerses me completely into the game, I lose 2-3 hours without realizing it. I am unable to play online since I have an early version but in just the single player to get your mind around the scale of this game is ridiculous. I am at the final stage (Galactic) which is taking a long time since the galaxy is quite huge.

Guest Undefined
I'll have it through corroboration... My dad has been watching it ever since it was announced, who knows how long ago, so I'll have it.

Guest RET.1LT.Antiochus=US=
yeah, i'v ebeen waiting for 3 years for this game, i'm kinda low on funds, i might have to go ahead and buy it anyway....i just wanna watch my lil species go forth and exterminate the galaxy.

the demo i didnt like but i might get but y msut we exterminate y not make ppl that are nice lol naw i want to make a beast guy who is blue :)

ok ok....maybe not exterminate the entire galaxy....just anyone foolish enough to oppose me, and anyone we consider weak and worthy of extermination.

[quote='1SG.Antiochus=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=39857#post39857']ok ok....maybe not exterminate the entire galaxy....just anyone foolish enough to oppose me, and anyone we consider weak and worthy of extermination.[/quote] woot its gonna be a peace full world in spore now i just gt to go get it iam little to lazy to tho but i might

Guest RT.Lucid=US=
The game is a bit of a let down for me personally. The space stage in particular, everything that happens in the galaxy basically rests on your shoulders... and that's stupid since all of these advanced alien races are perfectly capable of taking care of their problems on their own but they seem to constantly need my lowly space ship to get anything done. It's just incredibly irritating since it never gives me time to explore, colonize, or fix up atmospheres and ecosystems on other planets! I sincerely hope EA/MAXIS/modders fix this somehow... my $80(got the Galactic Edition) is feeling a bit wasted at the moment.

Guest RT.Lucid=US=
It's not a multiplayer game. It just downloads creatures/buildings/vehicles that other players create and uploads them into the galaxy. You don't actually interact with the players themselves, just their creatures they create.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Spore is getting piss poor reviews on Amazon, every1 is pissed about the DRM on it. [url]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FKBCX4[/url]

I quite enjoy it, I'm going for full galactic domination. Anyone who challenges me, meets destruction. The last guy who harassed me had his homeword de-terraformed. I removed the atmosphere from his planet!! Extremely effective, wiped out all life. Alerts went off, saying species on this planet have gone extinct.

Guest RET.LTC.Skelly=US=
Is this game really fun, or more hype than anything? Can you create more than one species or are you locked into just 1? Could a old Dell Dimension 4600 with 1 gig of ram and GFORCE 6200 512mb Graphics card run it?

Some seem to love it others seem to hate it. I myself like it, I dont care much for the tribal/civilization stages but creature an space i like. Space cause I get to demolish planets, end all life on them, plus my personal goal is to conquer the galaxy.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
i'm kinda the opposite of Anti, (ironic?), I liked the tribal and civilization stages, creature was way to easy (iphone version is only meh...not worth the money), and space seems to complex, the game range is crazy and if that was the purpose I must say its a good job. The game progressively gets harder as you evolve, if that was on purpose then props to Maxis

Guest RET.LTC.Skelly=US=
Is it a big PC resource hog? Also my daughter loves the Creature creater Demo. Would she have fun with the early stages as well?

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
it runs perfect on my rig, dual core 3 GHz, 4GB RAM, 8500GT. the graphics aren't insane so it doesn't need much. here are official req's Windows XP: * 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent * 512 MB RAM * A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 * At least 6 GB of hard drive space Windows Vista: * 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent * 768 MB RAM * A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 * At least 6 GB of hard drive space And your daughter would probably love the first two stages as it doesn't involve much more than point and click but its fun and you get to change your creature a lot. Once you get to the tribal+ stages then the game gets more complex. I don't know how old she is so idk what her level of play is. If i had to compare I would say that: Tribal Stage is like a small version of Age of Empires, you have your area and can build certain buildings and get upgrades and spawn new guys. You can also attack other tribes and conquer their area, you can befriend other tribes as well. After you beat this you can't edit what your creature looks like anymore. Civilization Stage is more like Star Craft you have your little cities and you need to mine for spices, you have fighter ships, boats, cars you can send to attack. You can design the vehicles and buildings for this stage how ever you want, you can build skyscrapers or little huts, its up to you. Galactic Stage is hard for me to compare something to but I believe it's close to what EVE is [b]IN SOME SENSE[/b]. You only have your one star ship and you start at a home planet. You go around to explore other planets and you can make colonies on uninhabited star systems, you can either befriend or become enemies with other creatures in the galactic stage. As you would expect the more "missions" you do the more stuff you get and you can upgrade your ship and do other stuff with the planets. Thats SPORE in a nutshell i guess.

Archived