any EOD/UXO techs out there?

Guest Halabrad

Guest Halabrad
I'm considering becoming an UXO tech , attending the UT UXO training course. I was just wondering if there was anyone out there with any knowledge on the subject that could tell me what I'm going to be getting myself into and how I should prepare myself

Guest ManDown

Sure, I've got 7 years with the Army EOD, and before that I did 3 years as a combat engineer. Post your questions or send me a pm with specific questions.

I'll be honest, UXO Tech 1's do all the basic grunt work for about 3 years before they are considered for tech 2.

Depending on the project, you are going to work a metal detector, carry ordnance around, and help setup the explosives to destroy what you find. If you have more specific questions, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Guest Halabrad
Thanks ManDown. I had a feeling that it would be grunt work. Right now I'm working as a pyrotech and that's mostly what I do anyways. Is there anything I can study before I go to better prepare myself? Are you still active duty EOD? Considering once I get some experience on the civilian side switching and joining the army and doing EOD there

Archived