All Arma2 and AO players

Guest Texan

Guest xSubo
busted! =P, ARMA at 10 if anyone will be on, that should be the end of peak hours for BF3 server popin

Guest Texan
hey yeah sorry good point guys i forgot we need to pop our Bf3 servers we pay so much for, and in general we need to pop our servers near peak time thanks guys ill just organize it after peak time

Guest Revolutor
I'd love to play some too when i have the time/chance, though i'm not sure i liked the zombie patch very much :)

Guest RET.LCDR.2DyESaMuRi=US=
Probably should be playing the clan game during prime gaming hours.

Umm, no. A person can play what they want when they want. If member A wants to play diablo 3, or any other game at 8 pm, by all means he can. We are not micro-managing people's schedules. Yes we are a BF clan, but a person can play any game they want. We have practices, and matches for a reason, that get scheduled.

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=

With all due respect, Lieutenant, this is one of the biggest problems with the clan right now. I understand that people play other games (I do too), but during prime gaming hours we need to be playing the clan game. Lately it feels like this gaming community is moving away from being a Battlefield 3 community toward a loosely organized community situated around general computer gaming and this sort of attitude is the reason why. It's not about micro-managing, it's about playing the game everyone here signed up to play.

Texan and I talked about this earlier yesterday (before his post), so I was a bit surprised to see this post. Like I told him in TS, I have absolutely no problem with having a bunch of people getting together around 12 noon to play ARMA or whatever. But when you're talking about prime gaming hours, everyone in TS needs to be in an organized BF3 event (whether it be practice, poping servers, or scrimming); it's not micro-managing your gaming, because you already made your primary gaming community a BF3 community.

Having a few hours reserved for Battlefield from like 7-10 every night would bring us closer as a clan, make playing Battlefield 3 fun again (because usually we're just pubbing in someone else's server which isn't really fun for anyone--after all, we all chose to be here after being fed up with pubbing), help us with recruit retention, and help get us on the general right track. Pretty much everyone that I've talked to heartily agrees--everyone from Major QOTSA to the Army's newest recruit.

This hasn't been something that has been formally taken to JCS yet, but it is going to be soon. Until that time, I will continue to encourage people to play the clan game during prime gaming hours. I didn't step over any lines because I didn't order anyone to do anything; I just voiced my opinion.

Guest Revolutor
With all due respect, Lieutenant, this is one of the biggest problems with the clan right now. I understand that people play other games (I do too), but during prime gaming hours we need to be playing the clan game. Lately it feels like this gaming community is moving away from being a Battlefield 3 community toward a loosely organized community situated around general computer gaming and this sort of attitude is the reason why. It's not about micro-managing, it's about playing the game everyone here signed up to play.

Texan and I talked about this earlier yesterday (before his post), so I was a bit surprised to see this post. Like I told him in TS, I have absolutely no problem with having a bunch of people getting together around 12 noon to play ARMA or whatever. But when you're talking about prime gaming hours, everyone in TS needs to be in an organized BF3 event (whether it be practice, poping servers, or scrimming); it's not micro-managing your gaming, because you already made your primary gaming community a BF3 community.

Having a few hours reserved for Battlefield from like 7-10 every night would bring us closer as a clan, make playing Battlefield 3 fun again (because usually we're just pubbing in someone else's server which isn't really fun for anyone--after all, we all chose to be here after being fed up with pubbing), help us with recruit retention, and help get us on the general right track. Pretty much everyone that I've talked to heartily agrees--everyone from Major QOTSA to the Army's newest recruit.

This hasn't been something that has been formally taken to JCS yet, but it is going to be soon. Until that time, I will continue to encourage people to play the clan game during prime gaming hours. I didn't step over any lines because I didn't order anyone to do anything; I just voiced my opinion.

I can agree somewhat with this, the clan is not close to as active as it once were. I would like to see more "practice" sessions during the weeks as well, not "planned" but that we actually play squads like squads are supposed to be played, i've suggested this during the last 2 weeks when i get online and play with people but not once have this happend or even got a response like "yeah lets do that".

I joined this clan for the realism, the only place we have realism right now is during meetings, not in game nor on general TS.

Guest xSubo

well we only recruit in BF forums so it would make sense to offer a time to the RT's every day to showcase the clan in action, how we play and a chance to get to know everyone that has been around already. dont get me wrong no one wants to be told they cant do something like play a game you've paid for with your friends on TS, and no one will in this clan (just nonsense childish drama if someone did.) but there has to be some common give so that when new and current members wish to play BF they don't have to worry about other games stealing the clan population when they wish to play. i play every game out there and and im in TS daily, the combined amount of ppl in varying different games lately has made BF the minority played. We have servers that are in serious need of re evaluation on config's and are currently bleeding out; those are the facts. i think it's totally fair to have an hour or so during prime hours (set two times for Euro and US) to get people playing BF again. this was mentioned in the NCO meeting last friday to have something like 7-9 but if we do a required time then i'd say an hour would be more fair.

personally if we do this i believe our retention rate will skyrocket, recruiting will increase (what we are shooting for anyway) and at that point i'd say we could re evaluate the mandatory hourish to play since so many people will be on to begin with. currently we just dont have the active core members to be spread between so many games while trying to be serious about recruiting for BF, and also being able to provide members who joined for just BF the chance to play the game in a real clan setting (not three or four ppl at a time.) i'm just going to ask everyone to be fair to our clan and put the clan first in this situation since its so important to how we operate.

Guest RET.MG.Qotsa=US=
Umm, no. A person can play what they want when they want. If member A wants to play diablo 3, or any other game at 8 pm, by all means he can. We are not micro-managing people's schedules. Yes we are a BF clan, but a person can play any game they want. We have practices, and matches for a reason, that get scheduled.

Correct, But one would think out of dedication to "OUR" clan it wouldn't be a problem to help out and support our servers either. Practices and matches do not bring in members which in turn pay for servers.

I haven't even read the 3 reply's above and will not look at this thread anymore.

Guest RET.MCPO.MasterOfPuppets=US=

Note: I have read barely any of this thread so far so what I'm saying could already have been mentioned.

Personally I've always believed ArmA to be a much better fit to a military realism clan, as most of JCS should know by now, but either way BF3 is the main clan game and everyone should be playing it. However members are free to play what they wish as long as it is not interfering with their duties to the clan, or harming the clan in anyway.

I do agree with you (haterade) that it would be more beneficial to have a large group of people playing BF3 during peek gaming hours, however there is no reason to force anyone, clan member or not to play X amount of hours a day of a specific game.

Archived