Hey Guys.... Anybody Know About Overclocking?

Guest famusjupiter

Guest famusjupiter

I just heard about this and started researching it.... Does anybody really do this?

Does anybody know how I would get into the processor BIOS or w/e to get a little better performance?

How about video card OC'ing? If your video card is built in with your processor, is it even possible?

If anybody would be willing to lend some advice to a total tech/systems/hardware/net noob, I'd be grateful.

I've got an HP Pavilion g series laptop;

It's a Vision A6-3400m.

--AMD Vision A6, which is a quad core, 1.4ghz with so-called 'turbo boost' speeds of up to 2.3ghz

--4gb of ram, and like 12gb of vram

--Radeon HD 6520G, with (suprisingly) only 2037mb of total available graphics memory, and (what the **** is this) only 512mb of dedicated graphics memory!

Either please help me turbo charge this thing, especially the graphics card if possible, or please enlighten me as to specifically what sucks, and why, and what I could replace it with that _wouldn't_ suck!!

Please, and many many thanks to you guys.

Sincerely,

Jupiter

(Famous Jupiter - he's a well known, generally loved, big ball of hot gasses! Yum! Some might say he's just full of hot air and gas, others would say.... it was the dog.) lol :)

Guest EPiiKK

never ever never ever ever ever ever oc a laptop.

Its just gonna die in a year or less if you oc it... Just save around 800€ you will get and kick ass desktop with that if you build yourself :)

Guest famusjupiter
:) thanks EPIIKK and you're right, too, I might as well just save a bit of cash and build a -real- computer, lol :) thank you, bro

Guest xSubo
think all that stuff is locked on laptops anyways so you dont blow yourself up with all that heat, sorry bro

Archived