Your favorite NFL Team and why!

Guest CPT.Buckshot=US=

Guest CPT.Buckshot=US=
My favorite team, as most of you know, are the Arizona Cardinals. The 2008 Arizona Cardinals are a very diverse and dynamic team, on paper. Expectations are high for them to improve on their 8-8 season last year. With all the added depth where it counts and the versatility of the coaches and players, there will be many mismatches and it will be very hard for any team to fully prepare for us this year. One of those major mismatches is the Quarterback situation between Matt Leinart (QB, #7) and veteran Kurt Warner (QB, #13). They are two very different QBs with different playing styles, it will be very hard for teams to prepare for these two if they are both in a week-to-week starter battle. The Cardinals are one of the most interesting teams in the NFL. Utilizing weapons such as Larry "Fitz" Fitzgerald (WR, #11), Anquan "Q" Boldin (WR, #81), and Edgerrin "The Edge" James (RB, #32) the Cardinals were one of the top offenses in 2007. Edge ran for a total of 1,222 yards and 7 TDs, 4th most yards among running backs last season. Fitz had 100 catches for 1,409 yards and 10 TDs in his 2007 Pro Bowl season, and Q had 71 catches for 853 yards, 9 TDs in only 12 games while on his way to becoming the fastest player ever to reach 400 receptions (67 games) and tied Torry Holt (WR, St. Louis Rams) as the 5th fastest player to reach 5,000 yards (63 games). Kurt Warner (QB, #13) had his best season since his 2001 Super Bowl season garnering 3,417 yards and 28 TDs (1 TD rushing) with only 17 INTs, all while playing with a disabiling injury to his non-throwing arm. In losing WR Bryant Johnson to free agency during the offseason, new opportunities were opened for another #3 WR to pick up the slack. Currently fighting for that spot is Jerheme Urban (WR, #85) and Steve Breaston (WR, #15), although rookie Early Doucet (WR, #80) could eventually take that spot. Rookie Tim Hightower (RB, #34) out of Richmond was drafted in the 5th round of the 2008 NFL Draft and has scored a TD in each of his first two preseason games while working with the 1st Team. He has also already passed veteran JJ Arrington (RB, #28 ) on the depth chart to put him #2 behind Edgerrin James, he could be the future starter. In his senior season at Richmond, Hightower broke 18 school records while rushing for 1,924 yards and 20 TDs. The Cardinals offensive line allowed only 24 sacks (top 5 in the league) while allowing Edgerrin James to rush for 1,222 yards in 337 carries. Edge has had five consecutive 1,000+ yard seasons, two of them since joining the Cards in 2006. He is only the second running back in Cardinal history to have back-to-back 1,000+ yard seasons. The starting Offensive line remains intact for 2008 and will only get better as OT Levi Brown (2007 Cards 1st round, 5th overall pick) comes into his second season as both a Cardinal and a starter. As for the Defense, the Cardinals continue to build on thier Hybrid 3-4 Scheme by drafting Calais Campbell (DE, #93), Kenny Iwebema (DE, #91), and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (CB, #29) and signing Travis LaBoy (DE/LB, #55), Clark Haggans (LB, #53), and Bryan Robinson (DE, #97). Travis LaBoy was put in a very special position with Bertrand Berry (DE/LB, #92) called the "Predator" position. The main purpose of this slot is to rush the passer on every play it is instituted, something both Berry and LaBoy know a lot about. The Defense now has some major depth at DT/NT, Veteran Nose Tackle Gabe Watson (DT, #98 ), recently converted DE sack-machine Darnell Dockett (DT, #90), NT Alan Branch (DT, #78 ) and the recently drafted Bryan Robinson (DT, #71). In this defensive scheme, the hard-hitting Pro Bowl Strong Safety Adrian Wilson (SS, #24) will still be back in coverage but gets to act like a Linebacker in the Dime package, rushing the passer and protecting against the run up the center =) With both Free Safeties coming from a Cornerback background, Antrel Rolle (FS, #21) and Matt Ware (CB/FS, #22) can be used all over the field, depending on the situation. Adding depth to the secondary are returning starting CBs Rod Hood (CB, #26) and Eric Green (CB, #25) and capable backup Ralph Brown (CB, #20) and newly acquired CB Dominique Rodgers Cromartie (CB, #29). Thats why I love my team, the Arizona Cardinals. =)

Guest Poleus
HOUSTON TEXANS!!!! Most of the speculation in Houston following the 2006 season involved David Carr and his future with the Texans. On March 21, reports surfaced that backup Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Schaub would be traded to the Texans. The Texans and Falcons swapped first round picks and the Texans gave Atlanta their second round pick in 2007 and 2008. [1] Upon his introduction in Houston on March 22, Schaub was announced as the starting quarterback in 2007. Despite reports that the Texans were attempting to trade David Carr, he was released the following day. On April 6, 2007 David Carr joined the Carolina Panthers as the backup quarterback for Jake Delhomme. Carr would eventually become the starter after an injury to Delhomme ended his season, only to be injured himself and replaced by 44 year old Vinny Testaverde. Carr would have his chances to win the starting role back after an injury sidelined Testaverde, but would eventually be replaced again, this time due to poor play. Carr was 1-4 in 2007 as a starter and finished the season as the Panther's third string quarterback behind Testaverde and undrafted rookie Matt Moore. James Black, NFL Editor for Yahoo! Sports, wrote that "Tim Couch might be the one person preventing us from deeming David Carr as the worst overall No. 1 draft choice among quarterbacks since the AFL/NFL merger in 1970."[2] For Matt Schaub and the Texans, the 2007 season started on a high note. They extended their franchise record two-game winning streak from the end of 2006 to four with victories at home against the Chiefs and on the road in Carolina. After the 2-0 start, however, the Texans would be plagued with injuries (leading the league with players on Injured Reserve) and turnovers (finishing with a -13 turnover ratio). Andre Johnson missed seven games, Matt Schaub missed five and was knocked out of two others, Dunta Robinson was lost for the season after a leg injury in a Week 9 game against Oakland, starting Center Steve McKinney suffered a season-ending injury in the third game of the season, and Ahman Green, who was signed in the offseason to a large contract, rushed for only 260 yards, missed several games and finished the season on IR. Despite all of this, the Texans would have one of the best seasons in franchise history, finishing with a .500 record for the first time ever, including going 6-2 at home and setting several team and individual records. The Texans had their best offense, setting team highs in points, average yards per play, total touchdowns, passing touchdowns, total yards and passing yards. Andre Johnson finished with a career and franchise high 8 touchdowns. Mario Williams set a franchise record with 14 sacks, finishing first in the AFC and tied for third in the league and DeMeco Ryans was selected as a starter in his first Pro Bowl. The Texans posted a 7-3 record outside of their division. The Texans Defeated the New Orleans Saints and Reggie Bush in a head to head match-up in 2007, and finished with a better record than the Saints.

Guest RET.Realgrunt=US=
[COLOR=Blue][B][size=18]T[COLOR=Silver]H[/COLOR]E C[COLOR=Silver]O[/COLOR]W[COLOR=Silver]B[/COLOR]O[COLOR=Silver]Y[/COLOR]S![COLOR=Silver]![/COLOR]![COLOR=Silver]![/COLOR][size=12] Tony Romo, T.O., Marion Barber, Terrance Newman, and maybe Pacman. Enough said. [/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Chicago Bears fan, born and raised. Don't have much to brag about this season though...except we will be beating the packers without brett farve for the first time in 15 years, thats always nice.

Guest kardon67
in the NFL im kinda a bandwagon fan im a panthers fan, but last year they sucked so i was a cowboys fan and a chargers fan (because the QB went to NC State).

Guest RET.Capt.MustangMan94=US=
San Fransico FTW!!!! 49ers for LIFE!!! Yes they might suck as of late but I could never love another team!

Guest CPT.Buckshot=US=
My grandma was a HUGE 49ers fan, my uncle still is. As I stated earlier, I am a huge Cardinals fan, but I will root for the NFC West in all other games; Seattle, San Francisco, and St. Louis. My dad liked the Raiders and the Rams because he was born in LA when the Rams were there and he lived in Northern California where the Oakland Raiders are...he has a fetish now though for the AFC West in general, so Oakland as well as San Diego, Kansas City, and Denver. As for me, I will root for the Raiders if they aren't playing an NFC West team.

Guest millertime
Hawks because there the hometown team. But I have always been a huge Packers fan since my dad was when I was young also Im a Patriots fan, when I started to care about football they were really good so I watched all their games and became a huge fan...also Corey Dillon went to the University of Washington WOOT

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SGT.SilentScout^=US=
[size=18]BRONCOS[/SIZE] Have been and will always be a broncos fan. Will not go into detail about them. and for the [size=8]COWBOY[/SIZE] fans...................well...............Nevermind....lol

Guest Hawkeye1234535678
[quote='Ret.Xander=US=','http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/hq/thread/?postID=39117#post39117']Chicago Bears fan, born and raised. Don't have much to brag about this season though...except we will be beating the packers without brett farve for the first time in 15 years, thats always nice.[/quote] BEAR DOWN CHICAGO BEARS! PAVE THE WAY TO VICTORY! as am i Xander, all i know is bears football :) and my childhood is filled with stories of when the monsters of the midway stomped on everyone :). and if your asking why, well because i was brought up that way, and we always beat the packers, remember two years ago (or was it three?) when lovie came on, he said hes first goal was to beat the packers? great day i tell you that much. off topic but best ;player ever, walter payton, he was the best, not only that but he had composure and character, which seems to be not worth much these days... End of discussion, i dont want to hear it, every other player is and never be as good, and if you disagree you have no taste and no sense of the game. he could do everything well.

Guest Hawkeye1234535678
Only advantage to the bears doing poorly after our run, is that it shows that me and Xander are TRUE fans and we dont abandon a team once they do badly! Btw did u hear that the bears signed robbenson so he could retire as a bear? thats class man.

Guest Big Mac150
[COLOR='Red']The Giants all the way!![/COLOR] [COLOR='Blue']The 2008 SuperBowl Winners!![/COLOR] [COLOR='Lime']New York is, and will always be the best!![/COLOR]

Guest gamerk2
NY Jets: A team that helped create the modern NFL, which has since fallen on hard times. For the first time in years, the Jets have a legitamate weapon on offense, and have no major parts that you can say need to be upgraded. But with only a few elite players, the majority brought in this year, and with New England in the same division, the question is will the Jets gel quickly enough to make a serious Super Bowl push. They have the talent, but if history is any indication (Elway comback in 99, Testerverde blowing his Achilies in 2000, Pennington and Martain going down within 3 plays of eachother in 2004, etc.), Jets fans should expect the unexpected.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Helped create the modern NFL? What do you mean by that? The Bears are one of 2 teams that are still around as well as being one of the FOUNDING teams. Talk about creating [b]THE[/b] NFL. This year...yeah you got Brett Favre for a year but that means if you don't win the superbowl this year your out a quarterback which is quite a bit of pressure on a old fart. I only wish we could play you so the Bears can finally kill Favre by breaking him in half.

Archived