Need Help

Guest corp_dog

Guest corp_dog
How do I make a 1.16MB Adobe Acrobat Document to a Jpeg readable? I need to convert my DD214 scanned document so I can submit to verify my 3 years in the Marines. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Guest RET.LT.Padarom=US=

I didn't hear about something that can do this yet, but I searched a bit and found this link.

Maybe its worth a try?

Other than that, aren't you able to scan your DD214 directly as a photo? My scanner lets me choose wether I want to scan it as a pdf or jpg.

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=
So you scanned a hard copy of your DD214 as a .pdf file and want to convert it to a .jpg? Is there any particular reason you have to have it as a .jpg? You may be able to re-scan it and chose to save as a .jpg. Alternatively, you can use the following conversion website: http://www.zamzar.com/ . I haven't personally used it, but it appears to be good. I also glanced over the terms of service and everything seems in order there, too.

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=

Might I suggest PMing General Darmine and ask him for his email address so that you might send him the PDF file.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Guest corp_dog
Might I suggest PMing General Darmine and ask him for his email address so that you might send him the PDF file.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

CW2.Ski

I did PMd the General and he has asked for a JPG file. I now have the file converted to Jpg thanks to prior input from Pvt.Padarom and Sgt. Haterade. The zamzar site did the trick. My problem right now is how to get the Jpg file to the General in its new format. It looks very nice sitting on my C drive but I am clueless about how to get it into a PM to the General.

I must say that enlisting in the Marines was a lot easier than this process. Me thinks the General is testing my computer expertiese/skill for a potential WEB SITE DESIGN position in the clan.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
You can upload the image to a site like imgur.com, keep the deletion link so that once the General verifies it you can remove it from the net.

Guest corp_dog
Thank you all for the outstanding help. Once again I have found that my getting computer smart is more about the company I keep rather than the manuals I read . You were all awesome. I have completed the task and the General should be good to go with a link to my info.

Archived