Need help with uninstalling an old asus bios from my motherboard that got fried sundy

Guest xSubo

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

After DC's, count will be:

Alpha 5
Bravo 7 (2 on LOA, so 5 active, if Thompson doesn't get his BCT done it might be down to 4 active)
Charlie 6 (2 on LOA, so 4 active)
Delta 6 (1 on LOA, so 5 active, and Morshu I'm guessing will be gone soon, so really 4 active)
Echo 3

Guest xSubo
totally screwed my self on sunday, while trying to flash the bios on my 6950's i happened to fry the mobo and possibly on of my graphics cards, got new parts installed now with a gigabyte board (msi sold out) but the asus ai suite software for the bios on the dead mobo refuses to be removed from my pc. everytime i try to uninstall from control panel the system acts like its going to load the uninstall program then nothing happens. called the tech ppl at asus and go hung up on. problem is i cant update the bios on my newly installed motherboard with that asus ai suite software still on. any ideas anyone? One other quick question, does anyone know anything about hybrid-crossfire involing a 7870 and 6950? was told it was something i could do and cant figure out how

Guest Texan
all i can say, is to get a flash drive and install a new verison of the old on one there and then run the pc and find a place for the NEW bios u want to put on it then flash the old and in with the new bud. resarch on how to install a (updated) version of the old on and put that on a flash then logg on and then FLASH the new bios, all i can say hoped it helped keep us posted

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Unless you havea nice documented way to get those to crossfire I wouldn't recommend flashing anything.

As for your BIOs issue, the motherboards BIOs is located on a very small memory chip on the motherboard itself, in most cases that cannot be (easily) accessed by a system's OS (although some have "EZ Flash" tools where this is possible). Thats why most motherboards require you to use a usb flash drive with the updated BIOs and runs an installer via the mobo's software.

What you are seeing in your OS is some tool that got installed when you were running updates, or was there from the beginning (not sure how you got this computer). Either way if its coming up in the "Add/Remove Programs" then it is software, not BIOS.

You can try rebooting in safe mode, then uninstalling. If that doesn't work I would google it. Last resort would be re-installing windows. That would fix it.

Guest RET.Capt.DoggyRanger=US=

May need some help with the site..

First..

• Hawkeye is moving from Alpha, need to know if he is a member of Alpha and if his rank changes.
  • Echo Squad, suggest moving Fodsche and Bonafide to Alpha Squad under Mandown since he already has opens communication with them.
  • On Alpha need to move Mandown to the SL position on Alpha. We would need to move Mandown to Alpha SL position, and provide access to Alpha and revoke from Hawkeye. Need help here.
  • Bgchvy10 has requested interest in just remaining retired.. So we can have him post up to remove him from Alpha.
  • Dirk is borderline DC in Alpha

That would leave Alpha - 5 (or six with Hawkeye), Bravo - 6 (pending Thompson) , Charlie 5, Delta 5..

Archived