www.bf3scrims.net - online

Guest corriz

Guest corriz

I would like to introduce

www.bf3scrims.net

With RDML.STORM=US= i starting to work on bf3scrims.net. I launched it realy soon. But the first version of web was realy buggy and layout was like from child.

Before 3 maybe 4 days i started to develop new version with new design and userfriedly interface. Now i finish. Except a few small things its worked well. So i just want to say:

Test it, test it, test it. For registration please use username witch have word "test" included (ex. nickTest, nick-test, test234 etc.). Report here any feedback and bugs what you find and how like it :-P, and also some upgrades. If you find some Error page type here time and url. If you take some strange message on top of web, write here what you see. If you find some grammatical mistake in the text, write me here the whole sentence and url.

(if everything happend i have log active, so i will see it too.)

What does not work, and i know that :-):

You can not receive email if you requested new password. You will see your password on message (in blue box, i think). I will work on it soon.

If you are admin, you can not deleted any user.

Requirement:

if you're a good graphic designer on not, web need favicon. Its the small icon what can you see on tab on your browser. unkso.com have big 3 with black background. If you have any idea, please replay too.

Guest corriz

Bump,

i need some testers here. For try to create and manage clan, add contacts, add servers etc.

http://bf3scrims.net/clan/edit

as username use something like test234 or meTest, nickTest ......

I need it. I dont want to start it with bugs :-).

Thanks PO3.corriz

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

If you really want to turn the site into a really nice looking and easy to maneuver, I would highly recommend http://jquery.com/ By the looks of it you aren't using any Javascript on the site. Most sites these days, especially interactive sites, are moving towards javascript and jquery. Its a fantastic framework that can really bring a website to life. There are countless plugins and tutorials on how to do just about anything with it.

I learned the "language" at my work on one of our brand new products, and have since included it in some of our older applications. It greatly helps improve the websites speed and functionality.

Guest M3ATSHI3LD

Remember that JS is run client-side so you need to ensure you use backend validation as well. JS, as most developers forget, does not replace the need for proper backend coding.

Also, if you would like to get rid of advertising needs I have a server in Germany that is getting very little use right now and we could discuss a DNS forward as an option if you would like. I would probably need a few weeks to clean that server up before opening it up and I would have to inspect Nette 2.0 to assess security needs prior, but it is an option.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Remember that JS is run client-side so you need to ensure you use backend validation as well. JS, as most developers forget, does not replace the need for proper backend coding.

It depends what you are trying to do. But in some cases yea I agree.

Guest corriz

First thank you for the interesting answers.

Also, if you would like to get rid of advertising needs I have a server in Germany that is getting very little use right now and we could discuss a DNS forward as an option if you would like. I would probably need a few weeks to clean that server up before opening it up and I would have to inspect Nette 2.0 to assess security needs prior, but it is an option.

Believe it or not, but my applications are pretty secure. Nette realy good php framework and its advantage is the high security, can you check on http://nette.org/en/. If you like it, use it. I am one of the developer community. Just trying to get it abroad :-P

Ads are not required for operation on this hosting. I just want something there :-). And also i can't change it. This is GEN. STORM site. I just tried to do his requirements. Its the same server as unkso.com use.

About JS: On the page it is used. All instant messages, password recovery, live validation forms, or for more information about the clan.

And when i have more time, i will try to do AJAX filters and maybe I include battlelog api, comes with another update.

Right now, all page load is normal php request, so you take "new page". But really I understand you, sir. If you have an idea or someone else, what can be "live", just reply. I will make it :-). Thats the reason why i posted it here. I want to improve it and do, what is best :-)

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

It won't allow me to add a clan.

Sign in (xander-test) -> My Profile -> Add Clan then it says "Access Denied" and wants me to login again.

Guest corriz
It won't allow me to add a clan.

Sign in (xander-test) -> My Profile -> Add Clan then it says "Access Denied" and wants me to login again.

Fixed. I use bad array :-). thanks

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

NP, as a developer myself I know how useful user testing is, i'll do my best to break your site as much as possible and let you know how I did it.

Now I get an Error 500 when I follow those same steps.

Server Error

We're sorry! The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Please try again later.

error 500

Guest corriz
NP, as a developer myself I know how useful user testing is, i'll do my best to break your site as much as possible and let you know how I did it.

Now I get an Error 500 when I follow those same steps.

wow... how you do that :-D.

In log i have "Role must be a non-empty string." And this is strange.

EDIT:

Fixed. I dont know why or how, but you do not have any role in database :-D + in database is role sets as default. But i fix it :-)

You are realy good tester :-), thanks.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Haha thanks. I'm really good at breaking programs. Turns out that's fairly useful when ur a dev :)

Guest corriz
Haha thanks. I'm really good at breaking programs. Turns out that's fairly useful when ur a dev :)

Thanks... you are realy good :-). I re-coding all user controler, because i found there some errors.

EDIT: after i finish it all. I will give you admin rights and you can break administration side :-)

Please test additing clan, contacts and servers.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest corriz
I will focus next week to complete it. It would be great if you are participate in testing. During the day i upload upgraded engine. There are many things fixed, possibly more than normal update in Battlefield :-)

Archived