The History of =US=

Guest Hjarnar

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=

27 June 2010 I joined the clan.

But in all seriousness, the clan started with Battlefield: Vietnam. And... that's about all I can tell you until I got here. I'm sure SMA.Ward, GEN.Darmine, Read Admiral STORM, and LT.2dye could tell you a lot more.

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=

*Insert Huge History Here*

Haha, it actually raises a good point we should have a big history page or something.

Clan start date is March 24th 2004 (roughly). I'll leave xander to write a big post :)

Guest Hjarnar
Thank you for the information, I'm basically looking for any information on the clan, because when I read the story or origin of a clan, I feel more connected to it, thus making me feel more proud to be in the clan :)

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

I had an idea a while back to start up a clan wiki, I might try and get that project up an going again this summer. There is still probably about 6-8 active members who have 5+ years service in the clan and then another (lurking) dozen retired members who have been around around that same time. You can see the members who have been here awhile (like Ward for 8 years!)

http://www.clanunknownsoldiers.com/Roster/longevity.php

It would be hard to think of what other people would call "memorable" times. Every member has their own experiences in the clan with different members over different periods of time. I will always remember when I was recruited on the elite CAL team we had and the intense practices and matches we went through, Admiral BigK (the clan XO at the time) was the leader of the group. This was late 2005/early 2006.

Also the "late night crew" where a group of us who happened to be night owls or work weird shifts would get online after 10 PM and just drink and play video games in TS. This was 2006 and later, I went to college, but the late night crew stuck around for awhile.

I'll also never forget when I was a GySgt in charge of the Marines Force Recon team (TWL), in which we went from rung 300 to top 10 (I believe we were something like 12-1)before we had to suspend the team when CAL season started up. Unfortunately Marines FR was never able to get started back up after the CAL season was over. (I found our team profile here http://www.teamwarfare.com/viewteam.asp?team=%3DUS%3D+Marines+Force+Recon unfortunately it seems like TWL purged their history records :( )

The list goes on and on, more recently here I found this really amazing horse...

But I will start working on getting the wiki setup for clan history/stories.

Guest Hjarnar

Thank you for this info Captain. I also think that a clan wiki would be awesome, sir!

I really like that horse you found.

Guest iNoizZ

Nice post Hjarnar, I was wondering the same thing! Today I'm exactly 6 months in the clan.

If I think fast, the PO2.Ceh with his guitar on the meeting, was pretty awesome. :)

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=

What i can gather so far, others you'll have to help with names and dates of other stuff.

March 24th 2004 =US= was created. It came from UAF, which was #1 Battlefield Vietnam Clan at the time.

June 21st 2005, Battlefield 2 is released and becomes the clans main game.

October 2006, 2142 is release but does not become the clans primary game.

November 2006, i join the clan lol.

December 2006, the clans regular structure of branches gets removed and in it's place changes to Brigades. 1st, 2nd and 3rd Brigade. HUGE MEMBER LOSSES! 60% of the clan leave to do their own thing.

July 1st 2007, unknownsoldiers.org gets repeatedly hacked and put down (as a result of old members from dec 2006). clanunknownsoldiers.com is purchased as a brand new site.

July 21st 2007, ArmA company is formed but shortly dies out.

November 5th 2007, Call Of Duty 4 is released and makes a big impact on the clan. For a while COD4 is NOT the clans main game.

26th January 2008, the clans structure changes once more to companies Alpha, Bravo, Charlie and Delta. I believe with this, COD4 became the main clan game.

May 2008, the clan purchases Project Reality Server

31st November 2008, NavyDeathDealer makes simply the most historic and generous donation of any member. The clan is blessed with a 512 dedicated server box to our disposal.

~20th April 2009, the clans structure returns to it's glory as Army, Marines, Navy and AIR FORCE.

November 2009, Modern Warfare 2 is released. Big Fail, =US= had a fairly rough patch round here till march 2010.

December 19th 2009, the clan moves from Teamspeak 2 to Teamspeak 3.

March 2nd 2010, Bad Company 2 is released and the clan returns to it's glory as a Battlefield Clan. Servers bought etc etc.

~July 2010, DISCOM is disbanded and changed to Intel/PA, Recruiting, Mentoring, Engineering etc etc etc.

February 2011, SBS *sniff* and SOCOM are disbanded. NOOOOOoOOOOOOOooOooooo

25th October 2011, Battlefield 3 is released.

Guest Soldat1288
The D are the official Navy band, everyone should know this by now :P
I didn't know this, until now. But then again, I have only been in the clan for two months...

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

All this nostalgia has boosted my interest in getting this wiki setup. To prevent flaming/trolling/for the lulzing I will have the editing locked down to only a few members, but we will have a forum dedicated to updating/adding entries to the wiki. Hopefully the basic setup will be done soon.

Edit: The wiki has been setup. Need to work on adding the proper users for editing and everything. Feel free to post any =US= related history in this thread for the time being.

http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/wiki

Guest Soldat1288
All this nostalgia has boosted my interest in getting this wiki setup. To prevent flaming/trolling/for the lulzing I will have the editing locked down to only a few members, but we will have a forum dedicated to updating/adding entries to the wiki. Hopefully the basic setup will be done soon.

Edit: The wiki has been setup. Need to work on adding the proper users for editing and everything. Feel free to post any =US= related history in this thread for the time being.

http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/wiki

Very nice, captain! Don't think I'll be adding much stuff though... yet. :(

Captain, is the wiki just for history? I think it could be a great tool to put information about BCT, MOS, etc. We could also put tutorials/guides/etc. on there. I'd be more than happy to write up a bunch of stuff that isn't history related (I wasn't here for the majority of the clan, after all).

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Captain, is the wiki just for history? I think it could be a great tool to put information about BCT, MOS, etc. We could also put tutorials/guides/etc. on there. I'd be more than happy to write up a bunch of stuff that isn't history related (I wasn't here for the majority of the clan, after all).

The original idea came from me wanting to have a place that would be easy to modify for our clan history. But as I am one who loves easy and convenient access to information I don't see any reason why we can't expand past just history.

To prevent turning the wiki into a poorly organized mess by allowing anyone and everyone to add and modify entries, I have created a sub-forum in the Intel/PA section. This will be used for members requesting additions or modifications in the wiki, and then one of the approved moderators will update those entries.

http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/barracks/forumdisplay.php?161-Wiki-Requests-and-Updates

This is all new stuff and subject o change as we come up with a solid system for handling this.

The original idea came from me wanting to have a place that would be easy to modify for our clan history. But as I am one who loves easy and convenient access to information I don't see any reason why we can't expand past just history.

To prevent turning the wiki into a poorly organized mess by allowing anyone and everyone to add and modify entries, I have created a sub-forum in the Intel/PA section. This will be used for members requesting additions or modifications in the wiki, and then one of the approved moderators will update those entries.

http://clanunknownsoldiers.com/barracks/forumdisplay.php?161-Wiki-Requests-and-Updates

This is all new stuff and subject o change as we come up with a solid system for handling this.

Rgr, Sir. Where can I apply to be a moderator for the wiki? Y'all guys already have enough on your hands; I'd be more than happy to write entries, make sure they are formatted correctly, and organized efficiently. Plus, in a week and a half, I'm out of school for three months.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Rgr, Sir. Where can I apply to be a moderator for the wiki? Y'all guys already have enough on your hands; I'd be more than happy to write entries, make sure they are formatted correctly, and organized efficiently. Plus, in a week and a half, I'm out of school for three months.

Sure thing. The cutoff for allowed users will be E-5 NCO's. Register an account on the site and I can give you admin access.

Sure thing. The cutoff for allowed users will be E-5 NCO's. Register an account on the site and I can give you admin access.

Done, Sir.

Guest BigMac530

If anyone has old TS recordings, screenshots, old website format(that awesome homepage song too!), that would be good to add on the Wiki.

I haven't been here since 2004 but I have part of this community since 08. Known some of these guys here for awhile now. Its cool to see old RTs as Officers and JCS members while you stay at E-3 lol. I used to be an E-6 under MAJ.NavyDeathDealer/CPT.Crazy in Bravo Company. Good times, good times. :)

Archived