Why I'm on leave

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=

Hey all,

The following project was made by a group of six of us over a 14 week period, our group is called Serious Salmon, for our course at University. We put over 150 hours each into our parts of the project and are really prowd of what we have accomplished. This only makes up 50% of one of my four modules. So its just 50% of 25% of my second year at university. Crazy i know haha. Anyway, on Saturday we had a big exhibition called COMX where all the 2nd and 3rd years show off all their work, 3D, graphics, web design, xbox games etc etc. We won the award for the best 2nd year animation, meaning ours was better than anyone elses in our year. Another member of our group won the overall best 2nd year student. In fact, our animation was better than a large majority of those which the 3rd (final) year students produced. Many of them were very impressed (booyah).

So overall it's been really awesome doing this project, have a watch here (in 720p) and youll probably see why haha.

If you wish to leave a comment, please don't call me by my gaming name. Simply for confusion reasons, plus i'm hoping future employers will look at this video as an example of my work. I'm sure they wouldn't want to employ someone who's name is that of someone who is generally not right in the head :D

Guest corp_dog
The attention to detail caught my attention - the menu on the wall as the tank raced by the dinner. The Poster on the wall when the RPG guy showed. I was also impressed with the breadth and depth feeling I got watching the VID. Outstanding Work.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=

Awesome! the lighting is really cool.

I think in the final version you should make it a bit darker though, especially the alley ways. The environment looked really cool and I liked the interface's you had going. Did you use the unity engine for it?, I've been trying to learn how to use it but the tutorials aren't all that great.

Guest Doubleome

I was a bit disappointed when I saw PS3 and Xbox this was your chance to bring back PC gaming :)

Btw awesome stuff, loved the tank breaking through the wall, Dice could learn from that.

Awesome! the lighting is really cool.

I think in the final version you should make it a bit darker though, especially the alley ways. The environment looked really cool and I liked the interface's you had going. Did you use the unity engine for it?, I've been trying to learn how to use it but the tutorials aren't all that great.

We had to present it on a fairly bad projector on stage at the exhibition, so we could not make it as dark as we wanted. There is a Unity level of it, i'll upload. It isn't what we spent the time to make though, that was probably 10% of the final thing. All the Unity level is, is the 3ds map file pushed onto it with no textures. Good fun to walk around though, after spending lots of hours looking at it in 3ds.

If the whole team is still here next year (i.e. we havent got work placements for next year) we hope to definitely make it into a working game.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cjqf50

Archived