GET ARMA 2 FREE

Guest Texan

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=

haha about time everyone started playing.

FYI the free version DOESN'T SUPPORT MODS. This is like, the key thing about it. No HD graphics and no campaign arent a big deal, but without mods you cannot play custom maps and missions as far as im aware. Which almost makes it kinda pointless

As far as i know anyway

Guest RET.MCPO.MasterOfPuppets=US=

Custom missions are good but ya no mods. Don't know how many times we've tried to get people to play this.

All I have to say is hopfully the release the physical copy of ArmA III in Canada on time this year. It's almost impossible to mod the steam version.

Guest Krullo
I've got Arma II Free, but have yet to indulge myself in it.

Same here, controls seems pretty hard but I'll figure it out.

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=
I like how like three guys in the Navy start playing something and "everyone" is doing it. Reminds me of Project Reality. I would think about giving it a try but I don't have enough time for all the games I already play.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

PR is terrible. It made BF2 a much worse game. I installed and then subsequently uninstalled that mod 3-4 times because people kept trying to convince me how awesome it was. Its not awesome, its boring and they just strip out everything fun about the game itself. Minecraft is about 100x more exciting and thrilling than PR, IMO.

I was told Arma is similar to that, but I won't pass up a free game. I might try it out one of these days.

PR is terrible. It made BF2 a much worse game. I installed and then subsequently uninstalled that mod 3-4 times because people kept trying to convince me how awesome it was. Its not awesome, its boring and they just strip out everything fun about the game itself. Minecraft is about 100x more exciting and thrilling than PR, IMO.

I was told Arma is similar to that, but I won't pass up a free game. I might try it out one of these days.

1. Project Reality WAS awesome, really miss those days.

2. Judging by how much you loved PR you're probably not going to like ArmA, just as slow paced maybe worse.

Edit:

I agree PR was never my thing. I would spend hours running across a map with my squad to get killed by a sniper and then spend hours running back to that spot. And of course you can't get in certain vehicles and all that non-sense.

If you don't like running definitely don't play with 2dye.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=

I agree PR was never my thing. I would spend hours running across a map with my squad to get killed by a sniper and then spend hours running back to that spot. And of course you can't get in certain vehicles and all that non-sense.

Guest Halabrad
the more i watch ARMA 2 videos the more I want to play it. While it does look rather complex and somewhat intemidating in terms of learning curve, I can forsee myself puting quite a few hours into it, especially when doing custom missions

Guest Texan

i do know wright cant fly for anyhing haha, so far cezk got it subo, wright, 2dye, kurllo, ryan, and a few others for a free game i want everyone to try it out and mabey one day when arma 3 comes out we can move to a better game that isnt like call of duty + halo + better engines lol

ill be teaching and helping players learn to play arma 2 free but next week ill be getting the real version, ill still play with ppl on the free tho. bf3 just cant top this

Guest Halabrad
I have the Steam version of ARMA II but haven't played it much. I'd like to check it out with some of you guys.

I am currently in the process of downloading Arma 2 and operation arrowhead from steam now. Should be done by tomorrow. Then i'll have to go find/download some mods

Guest xSubo
its a different type of game play, lots of setup, logistics, does though give us a chance to play some co op on a large tactical scale.

i do know wright cant fly for anyhing haha, so far cezk got it subo, wright, 2dye, kurllo, ryan, and a few others for a free game i want everyone to try it out and mabey one day when arma 3 comes out we can move to a better game that isnt like call of duty + halo + better engines lol

ill be teaching and helping players learn to play arma 2 free but next week ill be getting the real version, ill still play with ppl on the free tho. bf3 just cant top this

Never going to happen, although it's a perfect game for a military realism clan (just beating a dead horse). Anyway I'll try to make some time to play on Saturday if you guys will be around.

Archived