Great Games worth playing

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=
So Since I am still home, I am curious as to the games people would recommend getting and why. Single and multi player.

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=

HALF LIFE SERIES x10000 times. Simply one of the greatest single player sagas of all time.

I'm not an mmo player at all. Company of heroes is a great game for playing both alone and with people, both the crysis games are good simply because they were big firsts. Team fortress 2 is now free to play and download, i dont think theres a crazier online experience. Used to be really good but now its free they changed it a lot. The FEAR games just because they are scary as **** :P.

I'm probably not the best person to ask for good games.

Guest RET.SSgt. 8_Ball
As much as this will make people rage... MW3 is pretty fun when no one is playing BF3...

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=
As much as this will make people rage... MW3 is pretty fun when no one is playing BF3...

You know I have had it in my hands like 6 times to buy...I have always been a COD fan

Guest EPiiKK
if you are looking for single player i've really enjoied assassin's creed since the second title, you should check the out :)

Guest Hjarnar
My one time favorite would be Rome: Total War. I've never experienced a game like that. (Best if you are interested in the Roman ages)

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Oblivion/Skyrim are amazing.

I've been playing a bit of Tribes Ascend which is a really fast paced high flying FPS (and its free)

Batman Arkham Asylum/City is the best super hero games I ever played.

Saints Row is a nice GTA alternate, a bit less serious, and some better features IMO.

Left 4 Dead is the best Zombie Co-Op game I've ever played, and some say the best zombie game period with how "real" the zombie act/behave.

Portal/Portal 2 is fun and a fairly addictive and simple story line.

Bioshock series is also a one of a kind mix of graphics/story line/gameplay and will kill a lot of your time in the process.

Guest xSubo
depends on what your fiending for. single player wise i love Rage, Skyrim, Jagged Alliance, Heroes of Might and Magic, modding the fallouts or skyrim, Civ 5. Multiplayer wise you cant beat Company of Heroes, World in Conflict (both are RTS), and the mod community for the source engine is ridiculous if your interested in indy made games. All of these games have some sort of RGP element in them with upgrades, some more than others but i usually lean toward games that let you progress up. oh and Crysis 2 is a whole hell of a lot of fun. Dead Island would be fun if we can get a static group of 4 ppl to play through the whole game together. and left 4 dead 2 is always a bloody good time.

Guest Texan
imo skyrim, fallout, minecraft, dragon age GREAT single player games soo much fun too many hours deep storys.

Guest HaggardG
My one time favorite would be Rome: Total War. I've never experienced a game like that. (Best if you are interested in the Roman ages)

Total War Series are great. Managing the economy on Rome isn't to my liking though. Certain things don't make sense and somehow all my regions in Italy have a negative income .

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine

CoH is king, right next to Star Craft and Star Craft 2,Command and Conquer:Generals, Total War Series, RUSE is pretty good. Want real old school, Sudden Strike...(RTS).

FPS are CS:Source, Half Life all series, Ghost Recon and Arma(all), BF:V, 1942 and BF3, Portal/Portal 2 and finally COD4(anything after sucked)

RPG(not a big fan) ME, ME2, ME3, Saints Row, Assassins Creed(Almost all).

Guest Halabrad

I miss the good old days of RTS games like Sudden Strike, Age of Empires/Methology, Rise of Nations.

One game that I absolutely love (even still) is Freelancer. Probably one of the best space based shooter/industry games out there (besides EVE)

Guest xprowlerx
i can only add dead space and dead space 2 for a scary experience and excellent storyline. COH stands way higher than any other rts game...and Falcon BMS 4 is the most realistic and great looking fighter flight simulator out there (besides microsoft's FS)

Guest RET.Col.TMI=US=
if you are into space games look up sins of a solar empire. I usually build a huge universe with max players and it can take months to finish.

Guest Soldat1288
I'm a king on the Total War series. Played and own every one, great RTS and turn-based strategy! Absolutely love the new one Shogun: Total War II. Cannot wait for Medieval III or Rome II, I hope they are making them!

Guest Navi491

I have sins of a solar empire, and i will say it is epic. You can have huge epic battles of 500ships PER player meeting up at planet and fighting it out.

ITS AMAZING!

Guest RET.CPO.Čeh=US=
Monkey Island Series and I mean all the way from the first one made. First two are now remaked to be played on modern PCs (since they were sooo old probably Jesus was playin them on abakus).

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=
Monkey Island Series and I mean all the way from the first one made. First two are now remaked to be played on modern PCs (since they were sooo old probably Jesus was playin them on abakus).

I love this sereies!!! you try the new one that came out in 5 parts

Guest famusjupiter

If nobody's said it yet...... GEARS OF FREAKING _WAR_!!!!!!

FIRST GAME IN THE SERIES IS _WONDERFUL_, AND IT JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER WITH TWO AND THREE.

One of the best things about the Gears series aside from the excellent gameplay and game style (third person 'over the shoulder' - better control though than any other 3rd person I've ever played) the best part is that its just so **** FUN - and REWARDING! This game actually makes me _happy_ to play, and when I complete an objective or win a battle that I've been suck on, I feel like I've just graduated from University -- WITH honors -- every time :) And it's got campaign co-op, too -- so if you can convince the lady to play, it'll be fun for the whole family!

PS - Staff Sergeant 8 Ball is right , Dead Island is pretty SWEET too -- just make sure you've got about eighty or ninety hours to dedicate to it, if you're into crazy things like FINISHING games, that is.... :) I know there is bigger, like Fallout and Skyrim, but Dead Island is by far the biggest (and actually one of the sweetest) games I've ever played. BUT PLAY GEARS _FIRST_!! - Sir

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=
If nobody's said it yet...... GEARS OF FREAKING _WAR_!!!!!!

FIRST GAME IN THE SERIES IS _WONDERFUL_, AND IT JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER WITH TWO AND THREE.

One of the best things about the Gears series aside from the excellent gameplay and game style (third person 'over the shoulder' - better control though than any other 3rd person I've ever played) the best part is that its just so **** FUN - and REWARDING! This game actually makes me _happy_ to play, and when I complete an objective or win a battle that I've been suck on, I feel like I've just graduated from University -- WITH honors -- every time :) And it's got campaign co-op, too -- so if you can convince the lady to play, it'll be fun for the whole family!

PS - Staff Sergeant 8 Ball is right , Dead Island is pretty SWEET too -- just make sure you've got about eighty or ninety hours to dedicate to it, if you're into crazy things like FINISHING games, that is.... :) I know there is bigger, like Fallout and Skyrim, but Dead Island is by far the biggest (and actually one of the sweetest) games I've ever played. BUT PLAY GEARS _FIRST_!! - Sir

Isn't Gears a 360 exclusive though?

Archived