Recording with FRAPS.

Guest BigMac530

Guest BigMac530

I want to start recording game-play and putting it on YouTube, but I am unable to record while I play due to the fact that it makes the game lag. I know quite a few people here use fraps and are able to record at full settings and still get a video with great quality. I do use an external HD to record the game-play onto but it still lags when I am recording at "high" settings for Battlefield 3. I dont want to turn down the graphics because I can't really play that way, and I don't want to record at half size because the quality of the end product is crap. This is for any game by the way, not just BF3.

Let me know what I can do to play at full game settings and still get good quality from my videos.

Specs:

-Intel i7 Quad Core 930 @3.36GHz

-6GB Triple Channel 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM

-Single ATI Radeon HD 5870

Guest iNoizZ

What I basically do is turning the resolution to 1280x720, and turn MSAA of. So I cant record 720p @ 60 FPS.

But then again, my I have ur system only then with 2 AMD 6870's. So, I really think you should turn down quality.

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=

Even though i could record higher, listen to what inoizz says.

I ALWAYS play on 1280x720, even when not recording, and i have all my settings on lowest. Before i overclocked my CPU it was impossible to record since the graphics settings were done by the GPU, so changing them did nothing at all and i would always get the same fps. After overclocking i guess i had enough CPU power to record 60fps constantly, so i would try that. Changing the graphics settings doesnt affect much because again thats down to the GPU, its the CPU that needs more to record.

Guest BigMac530
Ive tried doing that before and its a big difference from what I normally play on which is 1920x1080 on "High" settings. I want to know whats holding me back from recording at full settings without lagging.

Archived