Dice's way to earn more money

Guest iNoizZ

Guest EPiiKK
i bet those wont sell alot... but it's still gonan be profital to them... They are ripping of every cent they can from BF

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

I've heard horror stories about people who have worked for EA or one of the many companies they buy out. EA themselves don't care about the games they only care about how much a game will make. So fast tracking a sports game (FIFA, Madden, etc) no matter how flawed it is doesn't bother them because the franchise name alone will generate way more than the cost to produce it. When a solid game comes from a smaller developer EA will just purchase their franchise clear house of the developers and then beat that horse until its long and dead, rinse and repeat.

Take a look at the companies bought by EA and think about how good their games were until EA made them produce 2-5 more squeals and they became stale

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_acquisitions_by_Electronic_Arts

It's a sad state of affairs in the video game industry when its being monopolized by big publishers like EA and Activision Blizzard. Remember to support the Indie developers as much as you can! Steam is one of the best sources for indie devs since the cost to publish is so small. Browse around you might be surprise at how awesome games developed by a small team, compared to an army of devs, can still be.

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=
I've heard horror stories about people who have worked for EA or one of the many companies they buy out. EA themselves don't care about the games they only care about how much a game will make. So fast tracking a sports game (FIFA, Madden, etc) no matter how flawed it is doesn't bother them because the franchise name alone will generate way more than the cost to produce it. When a solid game comes from a smaller developer EA will just purchase their franchise clear house of the developers and then beat that horse until its long and dead, rinse and repeat.

Take a look at the companies bought by EA and think about how good their games were until EA made them produce 2-5 more squeals and they became stale

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_acquisitions_by_Electronic_Arts

It's a sad state of affairs in the video game industry when its being monopolized by big publishers like EA and Activision Blizzard. Remember to support the Indie developers as much as you can! Steam is one of the best sources for indie devs since the cost to publish is so small. Browse around you might be surprise at how awesome games developed by a small team, compared to an army of devs, can still be.

Totally true, I have like 50 indy games on steam and I love every one of them, and steam sales are hard to beat.

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=

I honestly don't see a problem with this. It's a way to make money off BF3, which is a good thing. After all, the longer it makes money, the more support and love it will be given.

It also gives those who don't have the time to grind through levels a way to compete with those who do, especially when it comes to vehicle combat. The weapons are balanced in infantry only in such a way that your weapons can compete with the weapons of higher ranking players if you're smart about what you're doing. In vehicles, though, you really need the unlocks to stand up against enemy armor. That being said, buying the unlocks will only do so much; you still have to know what to do with them and to get experience to truly be competitive. A guy who unlocked the weapons and perks will still likely destroy someone who bought theirs because someone who unlocked the weapons necessarily has more experience with them.

Guest TheBand
Basic reiteration of what the captain said, I wouldn't say it is Dice so much as it is EA. Unfortunately as long as people will pay for it, then it will continue to happen. Too true captain, EA doesn't care much about anything except their bottom line.

Archived