Is this Mouse Worth it?

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

http://sellout.woot.com/sale/razer-tron-gaming-mouse-8

I have an old Dell mouse from work that I got like 2 years ago and it was used at the time. Wondering if this mouse is worth it. I do not want a crazy mouse with weights and 100 buttons, just a 5-7 button mouse with a good solid feel. If people have other suggestions I'm open to those as well, thanks!

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
Go on amazon and get he eazor nage for sixity ucks is the best by far mmo mouse and has high dpi ita worth it

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't really want more than 5-7 buttons. I like how the one I posted has the 5 i'm used to, plus the DPI adjustment on the other side. I never play MMO's anymore. Unless I become a millionaire and have a lot of free time I doubt I'll play one anytime soon.

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=

I've never used it, but it looks like it's a good upgrade from what you have now. And it's a good enough deal that you could use it for a back-up mouse if it doesn't suit your primary needs. The only minus for me is that it isn't weighted (I have a heavy hand when it comes to gaming), but that isn't something you're looking for.

If I had the money, I'd pick it up.

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=

Hold up, my friend has this mouse and gave me this advice on it cause they ran this on woot before and i was thinking of getting one.

1. Its small, for a game mouse it is small and relatively un-ergonomic. If you have average-large to large hands don't get this. If you have normal to normal-small hands it will probably feel alright.

2. The buttons push down on the right side to easy, he says he constantly accidentally clicks them.

3. For the front of the two buttons it is positioned strangely in relation to the mouse's plastic cowling so when you press it you "well he" rubs hsi thumb on that sharpish looking edge, fine at first but after an hour or two hurts his thumb.

His final words "I'm pretty whinny, and obviously I still use it despite the flaws i've mentioned."

I went over to his place to try it out before doing anything, glad i did.

I've used it and I couldn't stand it but I have big hands so ultimately I think it might come down to that aspect. For me the killer was it wasn't tall enough, so so i had to arch my fingers to use it and that was annoying after just a few minutes.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Thats for the review ShadowOp. I ended up ordering the mouse before I read your post, mostly due to some really positive reviews from amazon. It came yesterday and although I didn't get a chance to game with it yet, I am very happy. The mouse feels solid, the buttons aren't to easy/hard to press and it looks bad ass. I have always had my hand towards the back of the mouse so although it is a little smaller, my hand fits pretty well using the style I normally use to hold a mouse.

http://i.imgur.com/gmNt1.jpg

I'll maybe give a full review after I've used it for awhile.

Guest RET.MCPO.MasterOfPuppets=US=

Looks nice and all (also heard some of the TRON set is pretty good) but I'm starting to get tired of Razer and I'm probably a bigger Razer fanboy than BigMac is with Alienware *cough* I mean dell.

Had the Mamba and all of a sudden one day the sensor just stopped working and the mouse was completely useless had it for about 3 months but it was sitting on my friends shelf for about a year or two so no warranty, at least I got it cheap. Just my two cents for anyone else looking for a mouse.

As for:

2. The buttons push down on the right side to easy, he says he constantly accidentally clicks them.

Very common on all Razer mice.

Yeah as far as being a TRON nerd boy, I almost bought it just to have it heheh. Yeah the main reason i didn't like it was because i lay my fingers flat on the mouse keys so my fingers would stick off the end and I couldn't stand that.

Guest miyamotogL

My main mouse has been a Razor product since I purchased a Boomslang 2000 in 2000. I have had the aforementioned BS2000 as well as the Diamondback (their first optical), Copperhead, Lachesis(their first laser), Boomslang CE 2007 (my desktop mouse, I have 2 spares), and Orochi Black Chrome (their first bluetooth - my laptop mouse which I use everyday at work). The on-the-fly-sensitivity adjustment is a must; run it up to 10 when flying helo, bring it down when sniping, and have it in the middle for normal run-and-gun.

Very common on all Razer mice.

Depends on the shape, it is really hard to press the pinky button(s) accidentally on any of the Boomslangs or Orochi.

I notice you have the HD 201. That is the best pair of headphones for the cheapest price I've ever had in my life.

Guest VAMPYR0
i was looking for a simple mouse to replace my old razer copperhead,i ended up getting the dethadder,honestly i dont think its much different than the copperhead i was using.i also got the lycosa keyboard to replace my hundred year old hp keyboard. neither item has improved my gaming but they do both have an awesome blue glow.....

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
I notice you have the HD 201. That is the best pair of headphones for the cheapest price I've ever had in my life.

I was so skeptical about it. There is also a very similar looking pair that's like $150 (I believe it had noise cancellation), while these were $35 at Best Buy. The sound quality is amazing and I feel like they have pretty good noise cancellation, Sennheiser is an amazing brand. Would defiantly recommend these to anyone.

• 2 months later...
Guest Skulker

For what its worth... I just picked up a RAT 7 cyborg... I have to say its pretty configurable and feels pretty nice I have a big hand and it fits in there very well. I had to add almost all of the additional pieces but now it feels like it conforms to my hand my entire hand rides on the mouse, whereas before my fingers dragged on the mouse pad, feels different but better IMHO.

http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm

not a huge fanboy but I can definately see a difference from other mice and controllers I have had. Food for thought!

Archived