PC unuseable untill network connection is established

Guest Doubleome

Guest Doubleome

Hey guys,

Recently been having some slowness problems with my windows 7. Running my OS on a SSD and startup has always been quick and the second It loads into windows I could click anything and would load instantly.

Then the first problem started, after windows screen it would be stuck in load screen for exactly 30 seconds, apparantly thats some windows thingy. Was able to fix that in registery. A service wasnt loading and windows waits 30 secs before skipping it.

After I fixed that issue when I load into windows my network blue donut thingy takes ages and untill its finished it doesnt let me do a thing.

So far I havnt been able to find a single solution for this. Anyone ever had such a problem ?

My crucial M4 SSD is awesome but windows 7 is just ruining it with lame software problems.

Guest FallenAfar

You could always do a reinstall or repair of your Operating system, this will fix your service start up issues and shouldnt really take too long with the SSD.

Regards

Fallenafar

Guest Doubleome
I have to spend a long time changing the registry in order to trick windows in thinking my Users folder is on my HDD. To save space on SSD and other stuff.

Guest FallenAfar

Ahh I see, tbh Im not really sure what else you could do, you could go into msconfig and see if there is anything you could change in there, like stopping unwanted process on start up etc. Sorry I couldn't help any further :(

Fallen

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
The more you go into the registry tinkering with System settings the bigger the chance that something can get messed up. A lot of those timers are in there for a reason, not to just make people wait. As I don't have a SSD and havn't played around with that much this is only speculation.

Guest Bonafide10

I bought a SSD with the intention of loading my OS on it as well but I realized pretty fast its not a good idea.

The SSD becomes the default drive that everything you do and download gets saved on (intentionally or unintentionally). This maxes out what little space is left on the SSD and I could probably guess that's what is happening. I'm not extremely tech savy but that is just what I figure..

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

The SSD becomes the default drive that everything you do and download gets saved on (intentionally or unintentionally). This maxes out what little space is left on the SSD and I could probably guess that's what is happening.

Thats why you set your download and install drives to a HDD. Only programs you wish to have fast execution (OS, Games, Heavy Load Applications) should be installed on the SSD. If you no longer want your's I'd be glad to take it off your hands :)

Guest Bonafide10
lol, I'll have to hit you up sometime sir to get my things straight. I do have readyboost allocated to the SSD. (I think it makes my start up faster).

Guest Doubleome
It was a few programs causing problems. First I unistalled Daemon tools this fixed the 30 sec black screen. Then I threw away Avast and installed AVG, this fixed the internet from loading very slowly. Sub 20 sec boottime is back :)

Archived