Huge FPS Drops

Guest iNoizZ

Guest iNoizZ

Hi all,

I'm having really big framedrops lately while playing BF3. But the last few weeks, it's only getting worse en worse. I play smoothly for like 20-30 sec, and then I get a framedrop for like 5-15 sec. The FPS is unplayable.

My Rig:

AMD 6870 CrossFireX

i7 950 @stock

6 GB RAM @1066mhz

Could anyone please help me?

iNoizZ

Guest BlkWtrFox
i discovered mine is totally graphics card related....because mine is a gtx 260m....i.e. POS....saving to buy a new one

Guest iNoizZ
Yeah but it's strange because 2 AMD 6870's are pretty high end, and I had no frame drops until dice released to 'performance patch'.

Guest BlkWtrFox
yeah, actually since that patch, i have noticed its a lot worse for me, it never used to bother me this much, and i could turn up settings on a couple things just fine, now im at minimum settings and still getting it

Guest RoninWarrior
I was running Raedeon 6850s with crossfire and I kept having FPS drops and crashes in game. I overclocked and disabled crossfire and I can play smoothly on ultra. I still have crashes every 3-4 matches but I am seeing what I can do to fix that. I think running on one card would work better. Games aren't ready for crossfire yet.

Guest iNoizZ
Tekno took his time to help me and noticed that my ram settings where on a bad value. I them changed a bit. It helped me a lot. I still get these drops sometimes, but only like 2-3 a hour.

Guest DragonBoon
There should be no frame drops with such a good machine. Check task manager which background programms are running. Check if you have a virus, with a decent anti virus programm if you have that is. Defrag your hard drive. Try updating everything from drivers to DirectX, Origin and the game itself. If that doesn't help, reinstall BF3 and Origin. Download Afterburner and Core Temp to check your temperatures and see if somethings wrong over there. And last but not least, don't download .... if you're gaming...:D

Guest iNoizZ
Yeah DragonBoon, I did all of these steps. No results. And it really doesn't feels like it's connection related. I'm going to check to play with a single card, but I'm not into OC'íng that much...

Archived