Need help with Astro/Usb Headset.

Guest Big_Forte

Guest Big_Forte

I've posted on the Astro forums about my headset I have from them but I haven't gotten an answer, and I've been scouring around checking on possible fixes...

My setup:

Creative SB X-Fi Titanium (unrelated)

Astro A40 Headset with the Mixamp (connected with USB)

I can't recall having this problem, but when I load up Teamspeak or when certain maps load in BF3 or certain games (minecreft) the audio in my headset begins to crackle and pop and if I close said program...the crackle is still there...only when I unplug the device from the USB does the sound reset and I'm able to hear clearly again. Just unhooking the headphones from the mixamp doesn't work..has to be the USB. Powering down the Mixamp by simply turning off doesn't work. Turning off the Mixamp THEN starting the program, then turn the mixamp still produces the effect.

I had an optical cable being used for my Entertainment center, and I borrowed it to hook up audio to my PC to the Mixamp, I could never get the creative soundcard to recognize the optical but my Dell XPS has a built in optical. I got that hooked up and it works! Crystal clear and the test doesn't produce that crackle if I open programs like teamspeak...

I'd keep the set up like that, but the optical via the mobo is...weird. Teamspeak is Hella-loud and There wasn't any way for me to configure it correctly. (at least I couldn't see how)

So I'm still waiting on reply from Astro themselves...but has anyone here experienced anything remotely like that?

Guest Big_Forte

Well after countless hours and not really sure what did it...the headset is not causing the crackle and popping like it did...

Just disregard :)

Archived