Gun/ Enemies disappearing in game

Guest Crossfire

Guest Crossfire
the kast two days ive been having issues with people dissappearing when im shooting at them or that my gun disappears and i cant shoot at them, anyone know how this could be fixed OR why this would be happening to me/

Guest Spyder5
i had this issue also , i will try and find exactly the fix i had - but it was to do with ram threading, and something in the registry i changed, this also fixed the green screen in Co-OP and the losing the gun thing

Guest MadButcher
Not seeing people can be due to lag but the gun things im not sure of. Lag can be blamed for a lot of problems in a server but the gun things is probably some issue with ram.

Guest famusjupiter

I've got 6gb of physical ram, and like 10gb more, of vram - an AMD Vision A6 Quad Core, a radeon graphics card that is not the BEST but better than two thirds of em, at least.

When I've got the graphics settings on anything but LOW, and resolution on anything greater than 800x600, there is wicked lag and half the time my gun- and crosshairs- are invisible when I'm online. If I turn the graphics all the way up and play the campaign, the game itself will just slow down a bit.

If anyone knows what may cause this, I would be very glad to know - I assume my processor is too slow - I have a 2mbps connection, and I sure _hope_ that is fast enough.

Anyways, anyone with greater technical knowledge than myself: your input would probably be greatly appreciated in this thread :)

could be your processor, what are you running for graphics cards? and what mobo are you using? i switched from the older phenom 6core to an i5 2500k and the difference was incredible, but mobo speeds and your graphics card may have something to do with it as well.

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=
Enemies disappearing far away could be down to the mesh setting in bf3, it's the only one i have set higher than the rest because it renders stuff further away. Try that, if not like others have said.

Guest Spyder5
Aye my prob was the gun mostly - was defo RAM issue[i got 8gb still had prob], as for the fix, I have spant an hour trawling through post from the time i had my prob, now that i think, it may have been on EA forum, I cant remeber I apologize if I got you excited, but either way the gun thing and green screen flicker was fixed by adjust the registry to either stop the way it threaded, or stop the threading totally whille BF was running. again Im sorry , full of empty promises.

Guest Crossfire

heres my comp specs if anyone can help.

Screen

Screen Size: 15.6 ”

Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768

Display Type: LED HD BrightView

Processor

CPU Type: AMD Dual Core

Processor Model: 3300M

Processor Frequency: 1.90 Ghz

Processor Cache: 2 MB

Memory

Memory Size: 4096 MB

Epektasti Max Memory: 6,144 MB

Memory Type: DDR III

Order: 1 x 4,096 MB

Memory Frequency: one thousand three hundred and thirty-three MHz

Hard disk

Number of Hard Disks: 1

Total Capacity: 500 GB

Hard Drive Speed: 5.4 thousand rpm

Type Hard Disk: Sata II

Graphics Card

Graphics Card Manufacturer: AMD

Model Graphics Card: Radeon HD Dual GPU 6510G2

Graphics Card Memory: up to 2.98GB

Networks

Wireless: 802.11 b / g / n

Ethernet: 10 hundredths BASE-T Ethernet LAN

Bluetooth: Yes

Connectivity

USB: USB 2.0 x the 3rd

Sign Mic In: Yes

Output Ieadphone: Yes

VGA Output: 1 x VGA

HDMI Output: HDMI x on the 1st

Card Reader: Multi-in-the 1st

Multimedia

Webcam: 0.3 MP

Speakers: Stereo Speakers

Optical Instrument Type: DVD + /-RW SuperMulti Double Layer

Software

Operating System: Windows Home Premium the 7th (64bit)

Operational Language: English & Greek

Battery

Battery Type: Li-ion

Number of Cells: 6

Other Features

Gross Weight: 3.79 thousand Kg

Net Weight: 2 550 Kg

Warranty: 1 year

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
Welcome to my world. I'm playing on a laptop with poor internet connections and have the same problem about 50-60% of the time I play. Happens mostly on original maps with METRO being the worst. I think it might be a problem with GPU temp, but no hard data to support that.

• 1 month later...
Guest RET.SMA.VicVegas=US=

Have similar issues as well. Arms and weapon disappear but will reappear if i look at my boots. Sometimes i walk out of my body as well.

Some server's im fine in but others with the same ping/ speed i lag really bad.

Here a 2 example's of what im talking about:

1: Walking out of my body.

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r607/VicVegas-US-/Vic1.jpg

2: No arms or weapons.

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r607/VicVegas-US-/Vic2.jpg

My computer is:

Manufacturer: Compaq-Presario

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 3070MB RAM

Hard Drive: 308 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

Monitor: AOC 2217

Sound Card: Speakers (2- Logitech G35 Headset)

Speakers Headphones:

Keyboard: USB Root Hub

Mouse: USB Root Hub

Mouse Surface:

Operation System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.111025-0338 )

Motherboard:

Computer Case:

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
On my end it's not really looking like lag... what happens is I'll be pumping rounds into a person and seeing their body and head moving as if they're getting hit by the rounds, but I'll get no hit marks whatsoever. And that's over like... 3-5 seconds of lighting them up. Very weird.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RET.SMA.VicVegas=US=
Added a couple pictures to my first post, to give an example of what im seeing when i play.

Archived