Just wondering...

Guest Crossfire

Guest Crossfire

Just seeing if theres any metal heads out there, this is my first choice in music and i sut started getting into it again, just seeing if anyone else out there shares the same love for breakdowns and screaming while gamin or everyday life.. as oxymoron as it sounds, its actually very relaxing music..

lemme know i can always use new bands to rock out to

Guest Big_Forte

More of a Rock person. Breaking Benjamin, Mastadon, Seether, Pendulum, Hail the Villian the list goes on.

Some instrumentals i LOVE: Animals as Leaders, I am the Ocean - A Going Under

And of course pretty much any gaming soundtrack :p

Guest Prodigy
I don't listen to any music while playing BF3 because i like to hear where shots are coming from. I'm weird about the music i listen too. Before i go into battle and i want to get pumped up I listen to Shinedown- Sound Of Madness. BUT sometimes if i am in a more mellow mood i'll listen to "English Suite 2 in A minor" by Sebastian Bach , which portrays the massacre that is about to happen. Both songs have the same effect.

Guest Seiph3r

I'll second Shinedown, but raise you Breaking Benjamin, TooL, Threedays Grace, Godsmack, Hollywood Undead, and certain Dubstep Artists like Bass Nectar and SkrilLex.

I also cannot listen to music when I play, as I have to hear everything.. like the opposition reloading a magazine behind the wall he's hiding.. hehe.

Guest VAMPYR0
i used to play guitar professionally in a few differnt metal bands here is the link for one of my projects.we had a decent cult following back in the day.our singer is now playing bass for ozzy!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=284ay5-a6oA

Guest Spyder5

Cool track Vamp! - Im not into screamer metal, here's my list not in order - The Sword,Korn,Tool,Qotsa,Kyuss,Pantera,Coal Chamber, then thre is my non metal side Chemical brothers pendulum Dj hype Roni size, that sort of thing as for dubstep it seems a new type of aphex twin which genre is PetrolTech, it is 10-15 years old but here is a fun vid.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlrbNqs61nU its more of a soundtrack to the video though.Would recommend a few other tracks of his, come to daddy is another good one, the dude is warped snorted petrol as a kid put his own head on his actors [even if theyre female and groping him. First vid is wild profanity so be careful who is around :)

Vamp, is there anyway i can my greay mitts on an mp3 of your track ?

Guest VAMPYR0
yea i have seen places where you can download it online not sure where atm.it does pop up on amazon from time to time in cd form.they have a cd right now but they want $50 for it ....thats crazy.http://www.amazon.com/Terror-From-Beyond-Space/dp/B000L9L8MO it has a great review though.

Guest famusjupiter

Dude - if you love real metal -- and are willing to sift through some _crap_ to find it, go to pandora.com, and search for Cannibal Corpse, esp. Evisceration Plague. Pandora's really great cuz not only is it free, but it's got pretty much EVERYTHING - I've only found one album that I know of that it doesnt have - Bearings, by Ronnie Montrose, an outstanding accoustic guitar instrumental album by one of the most accomplished hippie-turned-rocker guys from the mid to late seventies, who has been making sweet rock ever since - look up 'bad motor scooter' or 'space station #5', both off the same album.

Anyways, that's besides the point.

I was really into metal earlier in life, but I got out of the habit of having _any_ focus on music there for a few years, and kinda got out of touch with the groups that I thought were awesome back in the day - plus, I was the only metalhead I was close with, so all I was exposed do, was all I could find on my own, with a 28kbps max dwnld speed dial up internet connection and no money to buy stuff - and no pandora radio :)

Cannibal Corpse, Pantera, even Fear Factory - look up the album Obsolete, it's fantastic -- and I'm tellin ya, use pandora radio, it will show you some awesome stuff that you will like, based on what you have already indicated that you like - and it comes up with some interesting stuff, but it's most always right on with it's suggestions.

Let me know what ya find -- I'm lookin for some good grooves myself to play to too! :)

AND COAL CHAMBER!!! _YESSS_!!! ~RIGHT ON, SPYDER!

Archived