Is my CPU too hot?

Guest EPiiKK

I'm running AMD Phenom II 810 x4 with stock cooler and stock clocks, When on bf 3 it may get over 80C. Should i invest money on a better cooler or something? What would you recommend?

Better cooler will make keep your cpu alive longer. I mean, if you really want to game for along session, these temps can be a bit to much. I suggest you to invest in a new cooler.

Guest MrGravy79
ya.. agreed with iNoizZ.. ur not in danger of immediately frying it, but if ur gonna be doin some long game sessions at that temp ur going to cut the life of it down. it's cheaper for a new cooler than it is for a new proccessor..

Guest Prodigy
80 C is equal to about 176 Fahrenheit that is pretty hot. Keep in mind when playing a very demanding game like BF3 you want to have your computer in a very well vented area. But yeah i would invest in a better cooler because if you're always running 80C+ That's a lot of strain on your GPU. On average the newer models get around 60-70C. Currently i am getting only around 58C on my comp and that is with an upgraded cooler.

Guest Doubleome

Thieving, when I watched that montage I was like which games is this guy playing ? right untill I found out thats beta footage. He is an awesome shot, and a perfect example of how to play the game. Acoq on sniper rifle with quick swamp to G18 with a wall of bullets, not an obvious thing to do but it seems to work. Same as you should play any class, use the weapon which best suits your playstyle and then play with it untill you found a way to make it better.

Im definetly gonna give the acoq on sniper rifle a go, miss sniping. Only hate to see that that guy never once in his video had to drop two people gunning for him, sort of the reason I stopped playing recon as in BF3 you often face more then 1 opponent. Also if I would play as twitchy as that guy did I would get carpal tunnel syndrome in about 3 mins.

Was thinking of making a video myself but its impossible to record BF3 atm, going from 100+ fps to 40 with massive drops is just not possible. But what I will try is make a video of how I abuse the PKP, low FPS and lag dont really matter if im shooting a wall I guess.

Archived