game crashes when flying in jets....need help

Guest xprowlerx

Guest xprowlerx

Hey guys, I am getting really frustrated lately cause while on foot or in ground vehicles the game runs nice and smoothly, but when in jets it will freeze and crash after a while. There is no pattern or anything, it just happens at random moments while flying... I read somewhere that it is something that has to do with the sound card and realtek drivers but I am not sure how to fix it...

anyone with same issues ? any ideas ??? any help is appreciated

p.s. i m running intel i7, 8 gb ram, nvidia gt 555m 3 gb ddr3, sound is JBL speakers with realtek drivers (default setup for dell xps17 laptops)

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=

I had a similar problem in the last patch. I would crash randomly in flight.

The strange solution hat worked for me was to get in the jet, then jump back out, then get in again before flight.

Sounds crazy but i didn't crash after doing this.

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
I crash in jets too ... oh, the game crashes ... Mine just randomly crashes but I think it is a heat issue with my discrete graphics card in my laptop (the laptop gets really hot while playing).

Guest xprowlerx
hmm...might be cw ski....but I can say for sure that i ve run stuff that heated the card twice as much....in battlefield i keep the settings low and i never had any overheating issues...what i don't get is why this only happens in jets and choppers the most weird thing though is the fact that this happens mostly in kharg island and firestorm ... the frame rate is pretty much the same when playing on foot or in ground vehicles. seems more like a game bug to me

Archived