help!! windows 7 wont install

Guest VAMPYR0

Guest VAMPYR0
i tried to upgrade my old computer with windows 7 and it wouldnt install ,so i figured maybe some of my old gear wasnt compatible,so i bought all new stuff and it still wont install.i keep getting different error messages that dont make sense and blue screen while installing.ive read every forum i can find and brought it to 2 different computer repair places.one guys said motherboard was no good,so i replaced it,one guys said hard drive was bad so i replaced that,i cant figure out what else can be wrong unless the both the brand new windows 7 upgrade cds are bad (both the 32 bit and the 64 bit ive tried them both).anybody have any ideas?

Guest VAMPYR0
windows 7 home premium upgrade ,its my understanding that this is a full version cd and i have tried to use it as an upgrade over xp,and i have tried clean install both fail.the errors are random,some times it will say invalid cd code(this happends way before i have even entered the code)sometimes its says various startup files are missing,sometimes says recycle bin error,jsut random errors....sometimes just blue screen.right now in trying to install with this gear-asus p8h67-mlx,seagate barracuda 1 tb,4 gig pny ddr3-,i3 2100,thaermaltake 750 watt psu,galaxy 560 ti(not installed while loading windows).windows xp will install without problems so im pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the parts and they are all windows 7 compatible.

Guest VAMPYR0
the ram is new,i guess it could be bad..that and the cpu are the only thing i havent replaced....if i buy one more thing to try and fix this computer my wife will shoot me...

Guest VAMPYR0
twisted!!!!you were right... bad memory i dont know why xp would load up if i had bad memory but it did.so i borrowed a couple gigs of ram from my stepdaughters computer and tried it on mine.windows loaded up 1st try!!!thanks for the advice.i am now bf3 ready !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived