Looking for a new Mouse

Guest Harkster

Guest Harkster

Well my last mouse was ok. Had some issues with it to where I sent it back for a refund. In short I am now looking for a new Mouse once again. Any suggestions?

I am looking to spend $80 USD tops. Would prefer in the 60-70 range if possible but if it is an amazing mouse I could spend more.

I like wireless but can go with wired with my new desk now.

Just looking for something nice that works with a button for TS or something. Not a fan of macros so those would most likely go unused.

And for those wondering I had bought a Fierce 3500 Wireless mouse. Loved the adjustable DPI button on the mouse.

So far the Razor Orochi has caught my eye. But I am checking out what other people suggest before I jump on a new mouse again.

Guest MAJ.Spartan-S63=US=
I have a Razer Naga (granted it's for MMO gaming), but the 17 buttons are awesome. I love having that number of macros at my disposal. I like it so much that I plan on selling my Naga and purchasing a Naga Epic.

Guest Crossfire

Razor Mamba.. aka the black mamba.. absolutely amazing mouse, options of wired and wireless, comes with a charging dock etc..

nothing better in my mind

Guest BigMac530
I use an Alienware TactX Mouse. Pretty good and comfortable. But expensive($99). You can change the DPI on the fly with the + and - buttons, love that function.

Guest Harkster
Ok so far the Logiteceh G9x looks nice. It looks like a claw type mouse but seems nice, I am not used to Claw types but palms times. The Mamba looks nice but is really expensive. I dont know if i can justify spending that much on a mouse.

Razor Mamba.. aka the black mamba.. absolutely amazing mouse, options of wired and wireless, comes with a charging dock etc..

nothing better in my mind

True that, I got the older version of the Razer Mamba with the "only" 5600 dpi and I absolutley love it.

If you want an awesome gaming mouse, buy Razer Mamba (either first or second generation) You won't be disapointed.

regards

Urbaan=US=

Guest Harkster
True that, I got the older version of the Razer Mamba with the "only" 5600 dpi and I absolutley love it.

If you want an awesome gaming mouse, buy Razer Mamba (either first or second generation) You won't be disapointed.

regards

Urbaan=US=

You guys are seriously making me thinking of spending more on a mouse then I traditionally think they should cost. I do have the budget for one...

You guys are seriously making me thinking of spending more on a mouse then I traditionally think they should cost. I do have the budget for one...

Hehe, sorry :P I think you should go to diffrent stores and ask the staff if you can hold and actually get to know what the mouse feels like in YOUR hand.

Since you're gaming you need a mouse that fits your hand, which is ergonomic and which you actually feel that you can use for more than 4 hours in a row.

I brought the Mamba because I felt that that was fitting perfect in my hand (and because they quit selling DiamondBack 3G which were the best mouse I've ever had).

I also did it like this, I closed my eyes and had 5 diffrent mices infront of me and picked them up one by one and felt which one who had the perfect wheight, perfect fit for my hand and which one I thought were gonna be the most ergonomic for me. That I payed about 140 euro for the mouse was just another thing. Allthough I've had the mouse now for almost two years it is still exactly as new.

I can only say that Mamba and my gaming gear (Razer Megaladon and Razer Lycosa) for me is worth all the money in the world (not literally though since it's jut an expression :P ) because I'm doing so much things infront of the computer, creating music, listen to music that diffrent artists sends to me, doing action in photoshop which can take about 10 hours if you wanna do something really special sometime and ofcoure I play games alot.

I'm not saying that you should pay like 200 dollars for a mouse, find a mouse that fits your hand and depending how much it coast buy it.

Since I started to game, produce music and now photoshopping (been doing it for about 10 days :P ) I've brought in the overprice class but I think that I got that back in the end since I'm using my products untill they break out of age (and not out of rage). :P

The suggestion from Master Urbaan=US= :P

Go to a store and talk to the staff about holding, feeling and touching diffrent mices. (in a nice sexual seduction) :o :roll:

Close your eyes and see which one who got the perfect wheight, fit and ergonomic feeling for your hand.

In the end, that is what the perfect mouse is.

Regards

Urbaan=US=

Edit:

I hope this might make you think about which mouse you'll buy.

Everyone who posted in here has posted a great suggestion since all mices are great in their own special way but in the end, you should think that aswell ;)

Take care and I hope that you'll find the mouse that fits your hand perfect.

Edit2: Razer Orochi is REALLY small, just so you know. I got really disapointed when I realized that it the Orochi wasn't in a normal mouse size.

Guest TeKNoTroNiK
LOGITECH G500 is the most comfortable mouse you can game for days. plus it has a braided cord!!! :O

I have to second this! +1

Guest Harkster

I have looked at the G500 and it is nice. I am going to go with a Logitech G700 though for several reasons.

1: It is big. It is infact the same size as my current mouse and the same shape that I love.

2: love the wireless ability along with being wired. I can always change out that 1 AA battery.

3: I like the button placement on it. I think they will work nicely

My decision fell between the Logitech G500, G700 and the Razer Deathadder. All are great mice but I feel this one is the one for me. I opted out of getting the Razer because I have been reading that in order to get full use of their mouse you have to use their synapse software (which is free) but collects personal data.

Guest Spyder5

I spent alot of time working out the features i wanted in a mouse and what i could do with it, then i realised comfort is one of the most important parts, I had an old G5 for YEARS and it was epic good - i loved the tilt wheel for PVP sprint circle strafing [assassin was my main pvp class] so i had to move like a cut cat. i tried out a few mice for comfort and that , i found the CM storm inferno was best suited to my hand , I know that prolly sounds stupid but i game 12hours a day atm so i had to get a nice one. I went through the 3 grip styles , finger/claw/palm grips and i found i was more finger/claw style - so the shape of the mouse was very important. if you have long gangly hands this is prolly not for you. the software for the mouse is really user friendly, 3 side buttons, i only use two , for bf3 one to prone and one as a held crouch.this mouse hits 6k dpi [which is overkill] but its still nice to have 1000x reports per second on a dual laser system keeps sensitivy at max, easily adjustable dpi ranges [5 settings per profile [3xprofile + 1default]] gives you 20 different possible dpi configs [not that anyone needs it] but i find if im long range sniping i turn it down when i find a target so i dont fly all over the place and potentially miss[ i do despite this]

So if i could advise , 1 comfort[shape] 2 report intensity 3 functionality[macro's and w/e]

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=

Speaking of comfort.

http://www.dansdata.com/images/moremouses/wmo440.jpg

I gamed with this mouse for 6 years, not much for looks or features but the most comfortable mouse i've ever used.

I used it to the point where everytime you clicked it would preform a triple click.....I used it in that condition for a year before i finally let go.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest redpanda
I have looked at the G500 and it is nice. I am going to go with a Logitech G700 though for several reasons.

1: It is big. It is infact the same size as my current mouse and the same shape that I love.

2: love the wireless ability along with being wired. I can always change out that 1 AA battery.

3: I like the button placement on it. I think they will work nicely

My decision fell between the Logitech G500, G700 and the Razer Deathadder. All are great mice but I feel this one is the one for me. I opted out of getting the Razer because I have been reading that in order to get full use of their mouse you have to use their synapse software (which is free) but collects personal data.

I own a couple of mouses and the G700 is one of the ones I own. The mouse is great, four buttons for macros which isn't overwhelming and doesn't have a learning curve (naga), and the wired to wireless mode is also useful as well. The only warning I'll give you is that this mouse is CHEAPLY MADE. I've had about 2 replacements already because one had a scroll wheel lock issue, and another the right click wouldn't respond anymore. Granted I still have it because well... the warranty is good and logitech's service is superb, but I've stuck with my overly simplified, yet awesome mamba. For on the fly 3 setting switching with customizeable macros, it's quite nice for the 80-90ish it's on sale for.

Guest Harkster
Yea I did go ahead and get the G700. I am very familiar with Logitech products and them being cheaply made but this mouse is amazing for me. I love the size and most of the buttons. The macro writing software could be better but not what I got it for. I figure as long as I don't abuse it to much it will last me long enough to where I can justify buying a mamba wireless/wired. I used to go through 2-4 Logitech head sets a year until I spent some money on a good head set lol. Only reason I have gone back to Logitech is that I have a keyboard I have put a beating on and it still works like new.

Guest alcarpuk

I used the same Microsoft mouse for around 6/7 year aswell, its still working perfect and is very comfy but a couple of months ago I got a Coolmaster Sentinal Storm just for a couple of extra buttons (for knife attacks etc) but ill hang onto my trusty 2 button microsoft :D

Speaking of comfort.

http://www.dansdata.com/images/moremouses/wmo440.jpg

I gamed with this mouse for 6 years, not much for looks or features but the most comfortable mouse i've ever used.

I used it to the point where everytime you clicked it would preform a triple click.....I used it in that condition for a year before i finally let go.

Guest Spyder5
I used the same Microsoft mouse for around 6/7 year aswell, its still working perfect and is very comfy but a couple of months ago I got a Coolmaster Sentinal Storm just for a couple of extra buttons (for knife attacks etc) but ill hang onto my trusty 2 button microsoft :D

LOL first person i come across using CM - i got the inferno and sirus headphones , i love them both

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFHc8aGRTCob4n9YxJOepAr9BtgeDVkhdec2rywgQf5Zd6NXkT

It don't get any better than this. :)

Add an three year old laptop and a crappy hotel internet connection and you see how I game 90% of the time.

Archived