new motherboard

Guest EPiiKK

SOLVED! Re-installed windows and it runs perfect! downloading bf 3 now, See you on battlefield soldiers! Thanks for help!

i just installed my new motherboard asrock n86-vs3 ucc.

the hardware runs fine, but when i try to start windows it asks if i want to run system repair or do i want to start normally

When i do the system repair, it runs the repair and starts windows, but when windows starts it first loads the first screen and then it restarts suddenly.

I'm currently trying it for the second time. I'll be updating this status.

My specs are:

asus GTx 560 ti

8gb ddr3 1600 mhz

amd phenom II x4

win 7 64 bit

(sorry for my bad English and i must mention i'm pretty much a noob with hardware stuff)

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Sounds like a bad install of windows, possibly with some driver issues. One thing to try is to leave a bare bones system setup (min RAM, on board gfx if possible or older video card, nothing besides a keyboard, mouse and monitor plugged in).

It could be outdated BIOs as well. Double check the version on startup with the most recent version on the ASUS site. If you can't boot into windows to update you could either flash the bios with a USB drive or live boot into Linux (Ubuntu would be fine) and flash the BIOs from there.

Guest TwistedKa0s

easy fix ====== just reformatt the pc.... install new windows. takes what 15 mins.....most motherboards that u install if it was'nt the same mobo its not going to work... unless u put a fresh install of windows on it........ thats just common sense... there is sometimes it will work when u add a new mobo... as my friend derrick did.... his worked he didnt have to do anything.... he was lucky....

and that mobo isnt asus he said asrock...... Capt.Xander=US=.......

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Ah your right I saw ASUS on the GPU not the mobo, my fault.

I assumed he re-installed windows and thats when this problem happened. But if you just installed a new mobo and didn't re-install windows then that is your problem like Twisted said.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
Installing a new SSD can cause similar issues because windows optimises itself for SSD's. New hardware can always cause compatibility issues.

Archived