Recruiting Video Thoughts?

Guest RoninWarrior

Guest RoninWarrior
So I'm a boot (cringe) to the clan but not to the BF series. One thing I notice that could help with recruiting is to have the different Divisions get together and make a clan video, showing our pwnage of course, that will assist in our recruiting department. Maybe I'm talking too big for my shoes at the moment but having a vid of the clan working together to apply controlled violence to the enemy would 1) be really cool to watch. & 2) get qualified members to apply due to the awesome teamwork they witnessed. What does everyone think?

Guest RET.LTJG.Yong=US=

If you have not seen this video yet than we need to put this video in a more popular area, where more people, especially new Recruits can see it.

Guest RET.MG.Qotsa=US=
Good post and keep in mind we like ideas from EVERYONE that could help out the clan, We have made a vid already but it was for BfBc2, We will be making another soon so be on the look out in the forums for more info.

Guest RET.LTJG.Yong=US=
Good post and keep in mind we like ideas from EVERYONE that could help out the clan, We have made a vid already but it was for BfBc2, We will be making another soon so be on the look out in the forums for more info.

You can still keep everything in that video and only replace the BFBC2 gameplay with BF3 gameplay.

Guest Defibx
Sorry but that recruiting video is boring, if i was looking for a clan i would of fallen asleep a minute in. We need a action packed trailer and leaving our site at the end with brief information about our clan forcing them to find out more about us on our site. Spoon feeding it all in a 4 minute trailer is bad advertising.

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=
Sorry but that recruiting video is boring, if i was looking for a clan i would of fallen asleep a minute in. We need a action packed trailer and leaving our site at the end with brief information about our clan forcing them to find out more about us on our site. Spoon feeding it all in a 4 minute trailer is bad advertising.

^^

I can tell a lot of work was put into that video and there's a lot of good information in it. But that's not a recruiting video; that's more of an orientation video. I can see something like that being used to augment E-0 training because it helps recruits find their way around the website and whatnot but I don't see that attracting anyone to join or creating excitement (outside maybe an accountant or two). And I'm not sure what we're doing with the screen shots of the website. If someone's too dumb to be able to navigate the "Join Now" button or figure out how to apply on the forums, I'm not sure they should really be in this clan. After all, I'm not here to babysit and wipe the drool off someone's chin (i.e. it's pretty self-explanatory and I'd like recruits who have common freakin' sense. Think of "can you navigate a website" as being our version of the ASVAB).

Recruiting videos need to have excitement. Real-world military recruitment ads are all about excitement; the Air Force has jets flying everywhere, the Navy has SEALS coming out of swamps, and the Marines have a lava monster. Our recruitment videos need to have the equivalent of a freakin' lava monster.

Guest RET.LTJG.Yong=US=

Those real world advertisements from the Armed Forces are for a targeted audience mainly teens to young adults (age 14 - 23) but the average age of a gamer is 37. I believe a video with a decent amount of information about our clan, like the one we have now is acceptable.

A recruitment video that is all about excitement will draw in the wrong crowd because our clan is very strict, and we are constantly enforcing regulations like A-15 on a monthly basis. This clan deserves members that appreciate our informative recruitment videos because we do not need "excitement" in our videos because we have nothing to be ashamed of or hide .

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

That video is where it is, here, because that is the audience that will gain the most from it. Although I believe the intent for the video is "Clan Trailer" the outcome is "Orientation Video".

If people are interested in joining then they will get to that page and be able to view more information. Going on the homepage will only take up space when very few people would watch it and its clustered enough as it is.

Guest Defibx
Those real world advertisements from the Armed Forces are for a targeted audience mainly teens to young adults (age 14 - 23) but the average age of a gamer is 37. I believe a video with a decent amount of information about our clan, like the one we have now is acceptable.

A recruitment video that is all about excitement will draw in the wrong crowd because our clan is very strict, and we are constantly enforcing regulations like A-15 on a monthly basis. This clan deserves members that appreciate our informative recruitment videos because we do not need "excitement" in our videos because we have nothing to be ashamed of or hide .

LOL the average age of a gamer, 37? maybe in a retirement home. Advertising is used to grab peoples attention so they use their own initiative to find out more about us. Informative boring recruitment videos do not bring in members.

Guest Seiph3r

I'm personally at an impass... age regardless the vid is very informative and well played out, good narrative and descriptive. Just enough footage of a training op. It does feel allot like orientation, but the video is what sold me when I filled out my app months ago. I'm 32 and don't live in a retirment home, if that's odd I'm sorry. While exciting videos are just that, remember this isn't just a gaming clan... were a community of people who enjoy the structure, discipline, and commrodary... on the field and off. I think the video outlines that very well. If we look to update the content... add a decent montage at the end of squad tactics (stuff blowing up) with a killer soundtrack... it would be more to everyone's liking. My two cents.

Hoorah!

Guest iNoizZ
I'm personally at an impass... age regardless the vid is very informative and well played out, good narrative and descriptive. Just enough footage of a training op. It does feel allot like orientation, but the video is what sold me when I filled out my app months ago. I'm 32 and don't live in a retirment home, if that's odd I'm sorry. While exciting videos are just that, remember this isn't just a gaming clan... were a community of people who enjoy the structure, discipline, and commrodary... on the field and off. I think the video outlines that very well. If we look to update the content... add a decent montage at the end of squad tactics (stuff blowing up) with a killer soundtrack... it would be more to everyone's liking. My two cents.

Hoorah!

Im with you man... :D

Guest Defibx
Clearly the retirement home was a joke. 37 is nowhere near the average age of a gamer, like it matters anyway. As a promotional recruiting video it is too long, most people would get bored watching it. short, exciting, naming the strong points in our clan is what promotional videos should be like.

Guest Seiph3r
Lol.. I know Defib, it's all good. My point was the content was there.. but maybe it was missing an intermission or two.. cut scenes of mass carnage and dogfights to a Godsmack theme song like "Straight out of Line" and music pauses until next cut scene or something.. looks good in my head anyway... Intro\Forum > Cutscene > Teamspeak > Cutscene > etc etc... just mix it up with some new visual content. You guys all rock in my book just for the record ;)

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
Most of the 37 year olds are buying them for their kids or making accounts for their kids.

And then some of us wish we were that young again when playing against you young people. :)

Guest TwistedKa0s
well it dont look like no recruiting video to me..... if i came accross it and didnt know =US= i would of been looking for the close me button which is X at top right of the screen..

Guest RET.LTJG.Yong=US=
well it dont look like no recruiting video to me..... if i came accross it and didnt know =US= i would of been looking for the close me button which is X at top right of the screen..

Read the description and listen to the video.

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
It's not exactly action packed, but i think its still pretty good. A short tactical manoeuvre with an MAV shot would be cool for a recruiting film, maby some room clearing with a hostage or something that looked cool would be nice, with some dubstep maby.

Guest RoninWarrior
Well, why don't we film a video that shows us doing some training, and some controlled battles within the clan. It can showcase the different divisions and their different squads (armor, air, etc). It could have the website name and link at the end. It will be straight forward, informative, action oriented and meet everyone's needs & desires. What do you think?

Read the description and listen to the video.

It's good information; no one is disputing that. But, like Capt.Xander said, it started as a training video and ended up an orientation video. And, frankly, it's boring. I didn't finish it myself and I've been here for over a year (so I'm very invested in the clan), I rewrote the BCT orientation manual (so I know all this information better than most members here) and I'm a pre-law student (I'm very interested in the small, minute details of everything). If I couldn't get through it, I have absolutely no confidence that the majority of potential recruits who look at it will watch the whole thing and decide to join because of it.

It's been up 3 months. In that time, we've had 100-200 applications roll through (including those who washed out) and I can't remember a single one that answered the "How do you hear about us" question with "the recruiting video." Again, it's a great orientation video and I'm not trying to disparage the considerable time and effort people put into it. I know how hard it is to make a video, and I would congratulate those who helped make the video for a job well done, although it's not exactly what they set out to do in the first place (make a recruiting video). Sometimes projects evolve and you wind up with something you didn't intend in the first place and that's fine.

Well, why don't we film a video that shows us doing some training, and some controlled battles within the clan. It can showcase the different divisions and their different squads (armor, air, etc). It could have the website name and link at the end. It will be straight forward, informative, action oriented and meet everyone's needs & desires. What do you think?

I was thinking something similar. Have a montage of us owning people using infantry, armor and air. We should also mix in some screen shots of end-of-round scoreboards which show that, when there are multiple -US- members in a server, we end up clustered at the top of the scoreboard. This will pull in people who want to play with good individual players and people who want to play in good teams both. The intro Cpl.PainKiller made is nice and has both the clan name and website on it (although we could use the shortened url, unkso.com, instead of the one if puts forth) and we could make an attractive graphic to put at the end which shows the name and website of the clan.

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
The intro Cpl.PainKiller made is nice and has both the clan name and website on it (although we could use the shortened url, unkso.com, instead of the one if puts forth) and we could make an attractive graphic to put at the end which shows the name and website of the clan.

Possibly include the =US= Platoon & =US= Branch Platoon Battlelog URL's in there as well.

Possibly include the =US= Platoon & =US= Branch Platoon Battlelog URL's in there as well.

I think having one website URL is best, Sir. Less is more, especially when it comes to text and information; send them to one place and allow them to find ways to get to the other places from that one place. Someone can easily find our =US= Platoon URL from the homepage of the website. Maybe we should throw up the Branch Platoon URLs on the homepage, but I think unkso.com is more than sufficient and anything else will just overly complicate matters.

Archived