Just a "something something" about the Soflam.

Guest Urbaan

Guest Urbaan

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654347830075523/

Hi People!

I don't know if I posted this in the right section or not (I if did, feel free to move it if it's wrong placed).

I've (in a desperate way) tried to contact EA/DICE about the points you get (not get) with the soflam when spotting, locking and helping your engi-buddy to take down jets, helicopters and tanks.

Feel free to respond to it if you want to or maybe convince me and get me on other thoughts but at the moment I think it's really unfair that the guy who's using the soflam is getting that less points for doing that hard work that he is doing.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654347830075523/

Anyway, best regards

Urbaan=US=

Guest RET.SGT.iambrian=US=
i just use the mav and roadkill people all over the map. plenty of points, and, i am pretty sure that i have targeted vehicles with it, although i cant always do it... just every once and a while it will legit lock on. Maybe its just a fluke, who knows

Guest ManDown

While the SOFLAM only gives 10 points for marking a target if you continue to designate the target until the missile hits you will receive points equal to the damage inflicted. I believe it is up to 60 points for a full javelin hit. Just emphasizes the importance of good SOFLAM location.

Same applies to the tank CITV, I have no experience with the aircraft equivilent but I would assume it works the same for that as well.

Guest iNoizZ

Im totally with you Urbaan. I hope they will respond, but I think you should contact them by email.

And oh I hate that DS_Akeera with his o so funny comment... -.-

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=

Definitely agree that the person operating the SOFLAM should get credit for that, but try not to let that prevent you from using it as much as possible. It makes a HUGE difference that not only can an Engie take down a tank with 2 Javs instead of 3 (consistently), but aircraft can't shake the lock and only rarely avoid.

I definitely think you should get points, since you're putting a big red spotlight on your position, at least for a few seconds, but I'd hate to see people stop using winning tactics and equipment because they're not getting points...

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
I definitely think you should get points, since you're putting a big red spotlight on your position, at least for a few seconds, but I'd hate to see people stop using winning tactics and equipment because they're not getting points...

I thought the idea was to win the round anyway. :)

Guest Spyder5

Winning is team oriented , points are a personal advancement thing,

To have both is ideal , I dont mind setting up in a good spot and hibernating , while manually controlling it to get best / longer locks. Unfortunately most jets are way too fast/ longer range for a jav [or stinger for that matter] to be any where near effective , i beleive that choppers are first target then tanks , and forget about jets unless those hovering sacks stay close by, the other benefit to soflam is the visual aid a recon can give via TS , 1 you can laser target 2 you can spot the roaches on the ground. This is [imo] where the recon class has a pitfall, yeah you can snipe out and leave sofie in a nice spot , but in all seriousness , how is that effective team play, unless theyre specificaly targeting enemy javvers to keep our metal rolling and chickens with wings. It does seriously need attn, I did post a lengthy~ish thread after playing "recon" [not 'sniper'] and testing the class out [in pubbie games it was close to useless and not everyone had jav's unlocked at the time.

Guest miyamotogL
... since you're putting a big red spotlight on your position...

I always place it in a good spot then go hide somewhere else.

Archived