Anyone play Arma II?

Guest SkepticJerry

I saw it's on sale cheap on Steam. Was thinking about picking it up. There are lots of MOD's for it too.

Well I played Arma II but it was to realistic for me. You really gotta love army stuff. It also has a pretty hard learning curve. But if you the things that I just said, you will love it!

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=
Arma used to be a huge thing in the clan a few years ago, sorta died out because most people couldnt handle the patience :P

Guest SkepticJerry
That's fine. I like slower paced tactical stuff now and again. My time in Iraq certainly wasn't fast paced. Hours of boredom punctuated by brief moments of terror. It's kinda how things really go in warfare.

Guest RET.MCPO.MasterOfPuppets=US=

Wish I saw this earlier but modding the Steam version of the game is a real pain, it's doable just not easily. Still a really great game.

Send me a message on Xfire if you ever want to play.

Edit - Another warning if you're planing on playing with 2dye be prepared to run about 5-6k to an objective. Same goes for Crazy, he's not the best driver.

Guest miyamotogL

I own Arma2 but haven't actually played it. I did play Arma1, which was fun until fighting the computer got old; the AI was either unbelievable good or really bad. Almost all I did was COOP with the folks over at tacticalgamer (some of these guys and their acquaintances are very-very into the realism). Arma is more a simulation than a game! If you really intend to get the most immersion and enjoyment, a TrackIR is a must.

I am definitely interested in playing sometime!

Archived