xbox- the awkward third wheel

Guest RET.SGT.iambrian=US=

I know that you all are PC people, but you are the biggest nerds i know, I have lost all of my nerd skills in the 5 years since i was active.. anyways, my xbox.. when hooked up via hdmi, i have a white line down the screen and the image is bumped left a bit, oh, and there is no sound. none whatsoever. When i use my component cable, the sound works fine, but the entire screen has a greenish tint to it, making playing it unfathomable. I have been on hold with xbox listening to indian music for the last half hour, so i figure i will ask here and probably get a faster response. last i tried with the hdmi was about a week ago, and it worked fine, and here at home, i am using the hdmi we plug the cable box in with, and it still works fine, just not wtih the xbox. With the component, it worked just beautifully yesterday, then didnt today. I dont think it is a sound or video card problem in it, as they both work, just not at the same time with the same cable. I really want to get this working again so i can get on BF3 and kill all the level 1 people before they get good and go back to absolutely destroying me. If anyone could help me, i would send you a recipe for cookies i google real fast.. its the same idea as actually giving you a cookie, i promise.

oh, and Merry Christmas.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
If the TV doesn't have this issue with other devices like a cable box or DVD player, signs point to a bad video card in the 360.

but if the video works fine with the component, and now the hdmi, just not with sound with the hdmi, also, it wants to run it as a dvi connection and not a hdmi. The tech support guy hung up on me because i knew more than him, and he couldnt figure out what the problem was, and i am not waiting on hold again..

screw it... i will be going back to my apartment for a few on tuesday, maybe i will try it on my screen there just to make sure the xbox isnt bricked.. if so, i guess i will have to get a new one.. bleh.

my roomate fixes xbox's ill send this thread via email to him since im home for christman till tomorrow and see if he can help you out at all. our living room is literally just gutted xbox's and old pc's so im fairly confident he can atleast figure out whats wrong, i swear though with xbox its one thing after another, next gen's arent due out for like another two years for consoles so i'll ballpark you end up buying atleast one more after this next one until then. That's like 400 bucks you could apply back to getting your nerd galls back and building a pc!!

hahah true story.. maybe after college. i got it working again with the component, just pulled out all the plugs, blew in the ports and plugged it back in. it was very super nintendo.. the hdmi problem though, i have no idea. i am hoping it is just something about my xbox not liking the DE air or something (we blame Jersey). Hopefully when I head back to VA it will be a little better

Archived