A Hello to my Old Friends

Guest RET.LT.Snowman=US=

Guest RET.LT.Snowman=US=

Hello =US=,

I did this almost four years ago, but I would like to take the time to say hello again to old friends and new. I was one of the founding members of =US= when we started the clan from United Armed Forces (UAF). I was 15 when I first took part in =US= and stayed until I was 18. During that time I was the CO of the Navy and former Air Force.

The reason I came to say hello again is to take this opportunity to thank you all for the positive impact you had on my life. I was a shy kid growing up and =US= made me a more effective communicator and leader. It taught me to meet deadlines, exceed expectations, and work as part of a team. Since =US=, I have trained to become an EMT-Basic for an Emergency Medical Services department. I am currently the Deputy Chief of that department, and I owe my successes in leadership and responsibility solely to =US=. I promise that the time you spend in this clan will always pay off in your life, and the service that you do for this clan will always benefit the lives of others.

The last time I came by was in early 2008. I enlisted as a Civilian Contractor to help out with the website when I could. Unfortunately, a personal health issue took over my life, and I was unable to communicate with the clan for quite some time. I have since recovered but have feared I was seen as AWOL, which was not the case. I apologize for any inconveniences I may have caused.

I'm 22 now, and I still remember the time I served with =US= as some of the best times of my life. Make the most of your experiences here, because this clan is unlike any other. You guys have always been a family to me and have made such a lasting impact on my life. The Unknown Soldiers is a community, and one of the only ones that is strong enough to survive for 7+ years. I have worked with the leadership in the past and I could not think of anyone more deserving to fill these roles.

I am proud to see the =US= tag and I hope that one day I may have permission to wear it again in BF3 as a retired member. I play on your servers quite a bit, and I have grown attached to the more mature, team-based play that is common to your server. The skill and demeanor that I have seen is what I expect only from =US=. I play under the name Virion_PhD (I'm working on my PhD, if that helps explain the name), in case you have seen me before.

Thank you for your time and service.

-Snowman

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
Woot~ Welcome back, nice to see former members coming back. I think I am the only active retiree left. :D

That is because a lot of them have re-enlisted. :)

Welcome back to our forums and servers.

Guest LTC.DentalMav=US=
Hey Snowman, I never had the pleasure of getting to know you, but I hope that I will get the opportunity. As you know, our doors are always open for members such as yourself, and I am sure that if you would like to come game and hang with us, we can work something out for ya.

Guest RET.LT.Snowman=US=

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! I hope to have a more active presence around =US= and enjoy the camaraderie that comes with your community. After playing on your servers for quite some time, I've been reminded of the skill and the professionalism that =US= members possess. It makes BF3 less of a game when I play on any other server!

If at all possible, I would like to get in contact with the proper personnel to see if we can work out an arrangement regarding my status with the clan, my BF3 username, teamspeak, and the forums. My online activity will be limited as I'm on vacation until Wednesday, but there is no rush on anything!

Thanks again everyone. Have a merry Christmas, happy holidays, etc.!

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
I'll look into it sometime this weekend Snowman and get you setup. Good to hear from you. Glad you are doing so well. Have a good holiday. See you on the battlefield!

Guest RET.SGT.iambrian=US=
Woot~ Welcome back, nice to see former members coming back. I think I am the only active retiree left. :D

LIES!!!! hows it going king frosty?

Guest RET.LT.Snowman=US=

Ah it's great to see you still around Brian! I haven't been called Frosty in years.

Thank you Xander, much appreciated. I'll be ordering a new headset so I can join you guys on TS soon. Looking forward to some good times!

Guest RET.SGT.iambrian=US=
eh, you know, i swing by every once and a while, do my best to troll every thread as much as possible, same ole same ole

Archived