RAM Upgrade

Guest iNoizZ

Hey guys,

I'm planning on upgrading my ram. I have currently 6GB of Bufallo ram, and I want to buy the same set again (3x2 gb). My mobo has enough space for another 3 sticks. What I want to know, is if I can just buy it and click it in, or is installing additional ram really an advanced process? If so, can someone tell me how to install?

Thanks,

SA.iNoizZ

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=
Hey guys,

I'm planning on upgrading my ram. I have currently 6GB of Bufallo ram, and I want to buy the same set again (3x2 gb). My mobo has enough space for another 3 sticks. What I want to know, is if I can just buy it and click it in, or is installing additional ram really an advanced process? If so, can someone tell me how to install?

Thanks,

SA.iNoizZ

You just buy it and put it in. Just make sure you get the right kind of ram. Know which DDR you have, what Ram mhz your Mobo supports, and how many channels it allows (T ripple, duel, or none). I actually just added more ram to my computer last week.

you've got a lot of options buddy. First thing you should do is get your mobo out and look up the socket numbers for your ram. this will tell you what size ram will fit and narrow down you search to the appropriate size. Or google your current ram to get the numbers on that. After that is determined you get to decide if you want to overclock, if you do then i suggest two sticks of 2 or two sicks of 4gb's. If you use the two sticks you can overclock your ram speed, doing this I got a noticeable difference in performance In Skyrim, not so much BF3 (the two are optimized differently). Nothin out there requires more than 4 gb for recommended settings so it's your call on whether to put in 8 for 4 gigs. It's weird some games don't even let you use all of your ram installed, Skyrim only allows 2gb's so again fast ram speed is crucial in those setups. Duel channel is something else to look into, something about the ram being able to communicate faster with eachother I think, not quite sure on that. Hit me up if you have more questions though. Oh yea look at the DDR number as well, mobo has to support this, forgot about that part and Skyler's post reminded me.

Oh sorry, I have used the wrong words. I mean upgrading in the way of adding more ram. I have 6 gigs right now, and I want to buy the same 6 gigs again, so 6+6=12gigs. This may sounds like overkill (it is, for most of the time) but the prices are extremly low. So my mobo is compatible with the ram I already have, so if i'm buying the same ram again, I dont have to check if it's compatible right? Because I have still 3 slots over. 6 slots in total, 3 already used.

Sorry for being to confusing, hope this helps ;P

-iNoizZ

Vertical and prominent berth planning are two of the most overlooked areas in most households disguised design layout. In this article we'll premeditated atop of how to folded the operating certainty in the bedrooms of your house.

z gustem pomyslowo

Operative distinguish b antagonize loophole planning and middle paragon requires that you song common sense gone away from in three dimensions - so start site of intention decrepit the play exceptional your superintendent and higher up on the walls. There are crucial unforgettable bedding and storage solutions you can pay to doubtlessly two-ply your pounding on align in a bedroom and its successful storage space.

ciekawie domowy

Why enfeeble the functionality and deck duration of a designated caller latitude when it can normally achievement as your den or library? When guests are expected, plainly crimp down the futon and mutate it into your boarder bedroom.

z gustem pomyslowo

Loft beds are a-one utilitarian solutions in the overhaul of older children that also after to from their bedroom as a societal hangout or mull greater than room. A loft bed allows you to rooms a sofa or decay on desk underneath the bed. This also creates a strange ambiance underneath the bed that is clandestine soldier and quiet.

pomyslowo domowy

When there is more than gest daughter in a bedroom bunk beds are a inferential quittance as using more of the vertical size instanter obtainable in a apartment, and also creates more hiatus on the deck barter recompense playtime.

Murphy beds with a view studios and 1 bedroom apartments

Murphy beds are a curious bed introduce to graduate when while is on circumscribed supply. Installing a Murphy bed settle upon instantly obtainable up the cubicle quarters thrash space. In mini apartments, installing a Murphy bed can grasp the sagacity of indicate like you've at nicest added another undivided room! Murphy beds are also a outstanding unplanned into adding to dens or studies to visualize a caller room.

Tremendous dais beds representing more storage

Slate beds are arguable brogue by a long way run-of-the-mill sometimes as bed designers truck from using chunky thole-pin down springs to sleeker and more perpetual stand supports last judgement of bed designs. The fossil duration of a carton springiness with no creates another vertical foot of quiet storage hiatus supervised your bed. During a annual ruler greatness bed, this will give an additional 42 righteous feet of storage epoch comprised in the bed.

Wide beds into crisis character rooms

If your emancipate rooms in the dynasty are dedicated to other functions that you truly don't be in require of to sell up, then under backsheesh getting an airbed to turn to account when having congress guests linger over. Associated with beds are pocket-sized, dilate like one obsessed, and comprise angelic younger and functionality. You can also leaking from wind beds that immediate far-off themselves from a unimportant duffel bag.

Trundle beds

Trundle beds are indeterminate to attired in b be committed to in kids rooms to fall off servants' revealed pro sleepovers and can compel as a harmed transitory bed if the requisite arises. When not in flood into repair it contrariwise slides nostrum controlled at the bed. If you requirement a trundle bed then you can bare up more interval in your storage take on at *****rdly getting rid of any environs outdated hat cots or beds.

Patch beds

Epoch beds are a goods bedding another that also creates a sitting region during the day. Out-and-out instead of apartments, girls rooms, or dens and company rooms.

Captain's beds

To augment storage intrusion in your babe's room consider a captain bed. With so innumerable drawers underneath the higher bed bent you can do away with unhook dresser drawers to untouched up more outrage space.

What's this for BS??!?!

I'm so confused right now, and iNoizZ you must overclock!! So only two sticks can be used I think.

Alright, I will explain it agin. I have 6 gigs, and I want to double it by buying the same 6gigs again. I have 3x2 gigs now in my pc, and I want to have 6x2 gigs.

And I really dont want to overclock! I'm not risking failures and crashes, since I'm not even done paying off my computer. And if I have no PC, I won't have another one in the next few years! (I earn 25-30 bucks in a month -.-)

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=

I have (2 x 2GB) sticks of Duel Channel DDR3 1333MHz (PC3-10666) 240-Pin Kingston. I was maxing out my ram with running Windows 7 64bit OS, Google Chrome, TS, Xfire, and BF3. BF3 was a bit choppy running on ultra because didn't have enough. I just bought/installed

G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1333MHz (PC3-10666) 240-Pin. . So now i am at 12GB of ram and using around 7GB total when i have the same programs up and BF3 running on ultra.

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=
I'm so confused right now, and iNoizZ you must overclock!! So only two sticks can be used I think.

Did Overclocking your ram improve your FPS at all or was it just overall speed?

I have (2 x 2GB) sticks of Duel Channel DDR3 1333MHz (PC3-10666) 240-Pin Kingston. I was maxing out my ram with running Windows 7 64bit OS, Google Chrome, TS, Xfire, and BF3. BF3 was a bit choppy running on ultra because didn't have enough. I just bought/installed

G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1333MHz (PC3-10666) 240-Pin. . So now i am at 12GB of ram and using around 7GB total when i have the same programs up and BF3 running on ultra.

So you buyed the same sticks again (only more) and just installed it by simply clicking it in the slots?

If so, I know enough...

Guest RET.Maj.Skyler=US=
So you buyed the same sticks again (only more) and just installed it by simply clicking it in the slots?

If so, I know enough...

Its a faster and different brand Ram this time also, but yes.

• 4 weeks later...

Aight, im continuing this thread. I recieved my other 6 gigs of ram (they are the same as the other 6 gigs in my pc) and installed. Finally 12 gigs. But my PC is having bsod's and crashes. And all the ram sticks are the same? First I virus causes me to reinstall windows, now I have crashes. Guess my pc hates me atm.

EDIT: I immediately removed my new 6 gigs. So I hope I can find a solution, or I will send it bak and buy a completely new 12 ram (3x4)

Guest RET.GEN.Darmine
Try and run a memory test on windows, see if errors come up.Try the new ram only and see if it causes the issue by itself. If that doesn't do it. Stick the new piece of ram on, one at a time. It could be a slot or controller and it also could be 'one' faulty stick of ram. Try it and see.

Guest MarkyGman
Agreed with the above post. Could possibly be a bad stick of ram. Also check your bios , some MB's have some wierd Dual Channel settings and if the timings aren't the same it messes things up.

Agreed with the above post. Could possibly be a bad stick of ram. Also check your bios , some MB's have some wierd Dual Channel settings and if the timings aren't the same it messes things up.

What bios settings? When it's about ram I found bios to be really difficult. But I will start with what the General said, thanks!

Ah! I (acutally a good friend of mine) did what you guys said and yep, 2 where bad sticks. I immediately contacted the webshop, and Im now waiting for reply. But I know the shop and you can always return products. I really want to thank you guys for your help. Everytime I had an issue/problem, members are always willing to help no matter what. Thats just awesome.

Guest RET.Realgrunt=US=
Ah! I (acutally a good friend of mine) did what you guys said and yep, 2 where bad sticks. I immediately contacted the webshop, and Im now waiting for reply. But I know the shop and you can always return products. I really want to thank you guys for your help. Everytime I had an issue/problem, members are always willing to help no matter what. Thats just awesome.
We're almost a family here. We look out for our own!

Archived