Potential Recruit Question...

Guest TincupGamer

Guest TincupGamer
I have been talking to Q0TSA-US- over the past few days about Unknown Soldiers and the possibility of me joining your ranks. Its those ranks that I specifically have a question about. I have been part of just a handful of clans throughout the years and for the most part they have been a more casual format that I see here at first glance. I turned down an offer from groups like 7Cav because of their strict guidelines and such. What can I expect from "US" if I were to join? Are you guys super serious about the hierarchy and such? Just trying to get a feel for what you are all about before I submit an application. I don't take these sorts of things lightly, because I typically stick around once I have made my choices. Any information would be appreciated...

Guest RET.WO1.Pieman=US=
The rank structure in the US is necessary to keep things as organized as we have them with all the events we take part in. Keeping Teamspeak in order would also be much harder without NCOs to oversee things. We do respect each other, no matter if they are ranked above or below us. And at the end of the day, everyone joined the clan to play Battlefield and that is what we do.

Guest BigMac530

First off, welcome to the Unknown Soldiers website and fourm!

We are a military realism clan. The =US= tries to get as close as possible to the real life structure of the United States military force. As with any other clan, we have rules that you must abide by, and customs and courtesies you must follow. See them HERE. In the =US= we allow you to rank up as fast as you want through our MOS system. You can also choose to remain at the rank you are at, the minimum being E-3 after completing Basic Combat Training.

We do take our clan, rules, regulations, customs, courtesies, and our overall structure seriously. But there is always room to have fun. Yes at first all of these things might seem too much and over whelming, but it really isn't. Please, if you would like to know more don't be afraid to ask more questions!

-Private First Class BigMac530

Guest Mestalfrun
I had the same questions when I joined, I was nervous at first but, wile the ranks are implemented, Never have I seen a places where respect is evenly spread among everyone, and in the end we all end up having fun in the game! ^_^ I'm happy I ended up choosing =US=

Guest RET.LTJG.Yong=US=

I joined some of the more casual clans, back in the day. They were not very organized at all. If you join, that was it. There was no formal training or even someone to show you around the clan and how to setup your game and teamspeak. People only knew who you were, if you actually join their teamspeak and play with them regularly. If you left or stopped playing no one in the more casual clans will give a dam.

However, in the Unknown Soldiers, we do things a little differently.

-We actually care if you show up to our meetings, practices, and other events, and if you miss too many of them, you can expect a PM from your higher ranked members.

-We also introduce all our new recruits to our clan's system and how everything works from in-game settings to teamspeak.

-We have practices for BF3 weekly, and we expect all recruits to be there.

-We actually care if you leave, we expect you to leave a note behind. :)

Guest RET.MG.Qotsa=US=
Glad to see you stopped by, I had no idea you were from Charlotte NC, we have quite a few from the Carolina's here. I myself from rock hill and work in Charlotte as a GC. On a side note I should be on tomorrow feel free to hop in our TS and we can discuss it a little further.

Guest TincupGamer

Thanks for all the replies! I have played with a small group for the past 10 years so you can see I am very loyal to the group I choose to play with. After reading the comments and the chats I have had with members on Battlelog, I am definitely leaning toward submitting my application. Thanks again!

Btw, I have a few friends that may want to join as well if I make the decision to do so.

I do have a question.

"where YourName-US- is your Origin ID

and [RANK] is a 4 character abbreviation of your current =US= rank and is entered in the Clan Tag field of your BF3 BattleLog profile. "

Why is this required? These are the type of things that I dislike about military based clans.

Guest RET.LTJG.Yong=US=

It is easy to change your Origin ID, you don't have to make a new account to do that.

We keep our names as [RANK]YourName-US- because we are a military realism clan that means you are not suppose to go lone wolf on us and only worry about your Kill to Death ratio. We play as a team and just like any military realism clan, you must follow orders from higher ranked members but not all the time only during scrims and practices mostly.

When you gain higher ranks in the clan, you will be given more responsibilities and privileges likes running your own squad as a squad leader with channel admin on teamspeak and simple in-game commends such a kick,nextmap, switchteams and etc. As you can see, ranks are a big deal to us because they are not simply just letters next to your name.

All of these things must sound tough and very intense to you but you will be given a lot of time and leeway as a Recruit to learn all these things. All the things we do are there to keep us organized, we have over 100 members now and it's not easy for us to keep track of that many members without the ranks.

Guest TincupGamer
No thanks, the clan tag feature is there for a reason. I'm not changing my Origin ID. I have been playing in your server for the past two hours and you guys pride yourself on military realism and one of your members camps on the aircraft carrier and spam fires the shore with anti-air gun? Come on. Then when I mention it I get attitude. Thanks for the offer Qotsa, but I will have to pass on your offer. Sorry for wasting your time.

Guest RET.MG.Qotsa=US=

Understandable as we all know this clan is not for everyone.

But to all members here this is a perfect example that you wear =US= tags and PPL do watch how you act and what you do, Represent our clan the best you can!

Guest RET.LTJG.Yong=US=

If you have not seen this video already and you are still interested, check out our Official Clan video on youtube.

This is also here for all future potential recruits.

Guest TincupGamer

Honestly my biggest gripe is the name change. :( Outside of that, I can adhere to all the other regulations you guys have. But if I change my name and things don't work out as planned then I won't be able to get my name back...

Ahh I figured a way to hold on to my old name if I were to change it!

Archived