Constant "Disconnected from EA Online" / "Disconnected from Server" errors in BF3

Guest SudzMcDuff

Guest SudzMcDuff

After the patch I started running into these errors. Could not join any servers at all. After scouring the web and running into multiple other users with this problem, I thought I would have to wait until the next patch to play again :(

I just wanted to post this up here in case any of our members run into the same issue.

I tried all the fixes suggested; restarting origin, restarting computer, updating punkbuster, reinstalling the game, etc. but nothing worked. After much frustration, I finally found a post from someone that claimed updating their Anti-Virus resolved the issue for them. Since I had no better ideas, I went ahead with the update. Now to be clear, I updated to the latest SOFTWARE release of my A/V not just the virus definitions.

After updating from AVG 2011 to AVG 2012, I have had no problems at all. Now I can't say this works with all Anti-Virus's but it is worth a shot if you are out of ideas!

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
Origin communicates with battlelog through the battlelog browser plugin, if for some reason your antivirus blocks this communication, you can get disconnected from EA errors. One solution is adding BF3 and battlelog browser plugin as well as the battle log website to your whitelist(for anyone that already has the latest version of their antivirus). There's a good chance what fixed your antivirus was it automatically re-detecting installed programs and allowing them to communicate.

Guest TwistedKa0s
just another reason why i dont use avg ........ i use Nod32.... seems to get the job done for me, it hasnt casued no disconnects on bf3 either.......

Guest redpanda
As a reminder, be sure you allowed Origin through your Windows firewall because I found out that even if the game is run off browser it constantly sends feedback to the EA servers causing your firewall to block it. Usually games get the "would you like to allow this game through your firewall" pop up, but for some reason you're not getting it for BF3 because it runs through the browser and not a client.

Archived