Avira anti-virus sucks/can't install BF3.

Guest RET.SSgt.Haterade=US=

After the patch, Avira sees BF3 as a trojan. A pop up comes up and I thought I told it to ignore. Well, it decides to delete the BF3.exe file anyway. So I uninstalled Avira figuring I could just install BF3 again.

When in Origin, I click on the Install button for BF3. It says installing and then times out (I assume... it waits about 30-45 seconds before reverting back to "Ready to Install"). I thought maybe a fresh install of Origin would fix it, but it didn't.

Then I reinstalled Avira thinking that maybe that would fix it. It didn't.

So now I have a fresh install of Avira and Origin both, but BF3 won't install. Nor can I find anything which would force a redownload of the BF3 files. I tried to redeem my BF3 product code again in Origin to force download BF3, but it won't let me because the code (obviously) has been used before.

Any ideas?

Guest MAJ.Kaossilator=US=
I found the option in Origin last night to "Repair Installation" on BF3 when I had trouble downloading the updates. Right click on the game and it should show that option. Maybe try that..? Assuming BF3 shows up in your "My Games" section anyway.

I just talked with customer service and they basically told me, "Yeah, we know about it. Yeah, you're screwed. No, we don't know when it'll be fixed."

I just talked with customer service and they basically told me, "Yeah, we know about it. Yeah, you're screwed. No, we don't know when it'll be fixed."

Re-format will be faster than waiting for their ridiculous ETA on fixing it.

The only other thing I can think to try would be one of the anti-virus removal tools, which clear out reg keys and such that are left behind even after you go through add/remove and get rid of the program. If you have Avira re-installed at this point, try http://www.avira.com/en/support-download-avira-antivir-removal-tool

Then uninstall origin again, delete the folder the game resides in, and then re-install Origin.

/*** EDIT:

Do it in this order:

Add/remove uninstall Avira

Run http://www.avira.com/en/support-download-avira-registrycleaner

Run the removal tool I pointed you to. It may or may not find anything.

Uninstall Origin

Delete the game folder for BF3

Re-install Origin.

If that doesn't work, then it will be just as easy to re-format and start over rather than wait.

***/

Archived