To buy or not to buy?

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=

Hey guys, as you know my headset is dying. Or if you didn't know, that's the reason I sound really quiet or muffled on TS. Only over the last few months has this been happening. I've been looking for a new headset for some time, figured this time I would get a decent 5.1 surround one rather than a cheap one. BF3 comps gonna be hardcore ;).

So, obviously if I was a rich man I would get some astro a40s - pretty much the best 7.1 headsets you can get. Only £200 with the mixamp.... guhhhh. Been looking at other stuff, turtle beach, creative, tritton etc. This is the cheapest i've found a decent headset from a decent company that is true surround.

http://www.kikatek.com/product_info.php?products_id=192673

What do you think? reviews ive read so far are good.

Guest RastaGanja
i literally spent 20 bucks on a TeknMotion headset lol, and its EPIC, i can hear footsteps everything...seems to be the same quality i would get from spending alot more...

Guest RET.LTJG.Yong=US=
Those headsets require a good sound card. If you have a good sound card to support all the features that the headsets offers than go for it.

Guest Fall_Guy
I have the Tritton AX PRO 5.1 set. Im on my THIRD set, first two broke. First time the headset itself broke, second time, mic stopped working. Thankfully I had the Best Buy warranty plan. Good headset when it works, but you have to baby it like no other (which I do with all my toys), and even then it breaks.

I would get a little more money and buy the Logitech G35.

It's awesome. I'm getting it by christmas.

It also has awesome software. ;)

But you won't make a bad choice going for this one CDR.

I would get a little more money and buy the Logitech G35.

It's awesome. I'm getting it by christmas.

It also has awesome software. ;)

But you won't make a bad choice going for this one CDR.

Like i said if i had £100 id buy astros :P

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=

HA, I'm a terrible cheapskape. I've been using these headphones (not this exact pair, but this model) for the last 5 years.

The mic foam has long since dissolved and the right headphone is completely missing, I duct taped a piece of egg crate to it so it doesn't cut my face. I'll have to upload a pic of my actual pair.

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/26-106-932-02.jpg

Guest RET.CW4.ThievingSix=US=
HA, I'm a terrible cheapskape. I've been using these headphones (not this exact pair, but this model) for the last 5 years.

The mic foam has long since dissolved and the right headphone is completely missing, I duct taped a piece of egg crate to it so it doesn't cut my face. I'll have to upload a pic of my actual pair.

Don't worry shadow ops, i've gone through about 20 of these bad boys :D.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=

Sennheiser are great headphones. I got the "Sennheiser Stereo Sound headphones" from Best buy for $30. There are much better versions for more money but these are amazingly good quality for the price and I would recommend the brand to anyone.

I came across them when looking for legitimate competitors with the Dre Beats headphones.

Guest Seiph3r
Had 3 of those myself. Yup the foam dissintegrates over time. I ended up with the logitech usb ones for stereo with built in mic... better quality, only 20 or so bucks too at bestbuy.

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
Logitech USB notebook headphones for me. Can't hear good anyway, so I can't tell if they are any good or not but < $50.00.

Guest James93
Sennheiser are great headphones. I got the "Sennheiser Stereo Sound headphones" from Best buy for $30. There are much better versions for more money but these are amazingly good quality for the price and I would recommend the brand to anyone.

I came across them when looking for legitimate competitors with the Dre Beats headphones.

I second this, the sound quality is so much better in my hd558 than any gaming headset

Archived