I miss Capture the Flag

Guest Fall_Guy

Guest Fall_Guy

Ah the good ole days of CTF in 1942 and Desert Combat. DC especially. The thrill of running with the football ERRRR flag in your hand as you had to James Bond your way out of tight situations, and designing plays to get in and out with the flag. I use to love flying the Blackhawk at Wake and coming in low and fast to extract the runner and swiftly fly over the water back to base to score the TD. Or jeeping your way out. The constant deaths and running with a team of cover guys, taking the bullet in your back for your man, or picking up the flag and running on if the runner went down.

Why isnt CTF in BF3? I loved that mode, more than Rush. Even if you couldnt play CTF in a ladder tourny, at the very least its great fun like a pickup game of football out in the yard. I missed out on BF2, never had the PC for that game back then, did BF2 have CTF?

Anyone here want CTF to come to BF3?

Personally I cant think of one game-type I don't enjoy that is objective, I'm all for capture the flag, nor would I mind it if Dice came out with their own variation of headquarters from the game which shall not be named.

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=
1942 and DC were so amazing. DC Final was the best version, cant think of the numbers, and also DCX was pretty nice but a bit over the top haha.

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=

DC still holds a spot as my favorite battlefield experience. Chopper fights in that game were some of the best gaming experiences I've had in my life. I friggen loved the vss in DC, was my favorite gun by far.

For modes like headquarters and CTF, I play TF2. Its a bit quirky but it is really well made and has many great game modes. Also it is now completely FREE.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/440 (link to the TF2 page)

Archived