BF3 Sound cutout

Guest Snuff

Recently I have been having sound issues in BF3.

Most of the time I notice it when I am scoped with a sniper rifle or driving a tank.

Some sounds of the game will cut out.

For example with a sniper rifle, I will be scoped, shooting and such, get shot at and get fuzzy vision, recover and my sound is all glitchy. I will lose sounds of others shooting, I won't hear grenades or explosions. Sometimes I can't even hear the gun I'm shooting fire, but I'll hear the reload noise when I reload.

It's strange that I am just noticing this withing the last few days. I haven't changed any hardware or drivers.

Anyone else getting sound issues like this?

Every now and then i'll lose some sound, so like i can t hear footsteps but i hear gunfire but it always gets reset to normal after a death or new map change. I swear every computer is a snowflake, each with its own special little problems lol.

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=
Yes definitely check for sound driver updates, i was having problems with my realtek and a driver update fixed everything.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
I always stick with on-board sound. Getting after market is a little excessive and adds an additional potential problem to the mix. Especially when most on board sound these days are HD and 7.1 compatible.

Archived