Looking for Compatible RAM

Guest RET.LTJG.Yong=US=

Guest miyamotogL

Same stuff on Amazon.

Anything here should be compatible (so long as it is an additional pair). Looks like they have a replacement GSKILL part with adjusted timings, probably for stability.

One thing to note, if you have an i7 (900 series+ ), you should be using triplets rather than pairs to take advantage of the support for triple channel.

Guest RET.LTJG.Yong=US=

Thanks, mitamotogL

I actually ordered from Amazon two times from two different sellers, and both times, I gotten a DDR3 1333 instead of DDR3 2000. I think there might of been some major typo, I am going to call them back tomorrow to return it for a full refund. If you look at the pictures on Amazon, you can almost see the DDR3 1333 label.

I have a i5, I wish I brought the i7 but I was on a budget.

I'm going to look at the ones on newegg but the timings on those RAM, don't match my current ram, so that kind of scares me a little.

Guest miyamotogL
The timings on the new ram are slower than what you have (smaller number = faster). The bios will figure that out and use the memory at the timings for the slowest memory attached. If you buy the new GSKILL from the Newegg link, it will use the timings 9-10-9-28 for all memory. It will take one extra clock to access a column after a row has been opened. You will not even notice the difference in the timings. See Memory Timings making note of the second paragraph.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest redpanda
Ooh G.Skill is what I have and they're pretty good and cheap too. For 8 gigs I think 4x2 ran about 120? For the 1600 version. 80 for 1333.

Archived