Got my pistol permit today!!

Guest Snuff

Guest RET.SGT.iambrian=US=
ive got an ar-15 and a glock 19 on the way. My CCW permit should be getting here in a couple of weeks, and the glock sometime in the next week. Im hoping to get it all and get out shooting at least once before i leave school for thanksgiving. but even if not, im shooting machine guns next weekend for drill, so all will be well haha

Guest Seiph3r

I shoot competatively in Illinois, namely 2 gun and carbine matches.

I built a Rockriver AR15 fifteen years ago and swear by Pmags. My first gun was my Kimber Custom 1911... .45 all the way. Why hit like a tricycle when you can hit like a mack truck. ;)

Grats Snuff!!

Thanks!!! :D

I shoot competatively in Illinois, namely 2 gun and carbine matches.

I built a Rockriver AR15 fifteen years ago and swear by Pmags. My first gun was my Kimber Custom 1911... .45 all the way. Why hit like a tricycle when you can hit like a mack truck. ;)

Nice!

I had a bushmaster ar-15 a few years ago. Ended up getting rid of it which I totally regret.

I am looking at 1911s now. I have wanted one ever since I was a kid.

Any advice on brands? I was leaning towards S&W.

Guest RET.MG.Qotsa=US=
After 7 long months of waiting, I finally got my permit in the mail. Time to start shopping for my 1911.

Anyone here shoot?

Only when i get mad! ; )

Guest RET.Maj.SKI=US=
Only when i get mad! ; )

280 Rem. Single shot. Sighted in at 400 yds :D @ 100yds 1/4 inch high 1/4 inch right so sexy :D

Waiting to get a glock!

I am now officially afraid to go into South Carolina. :)

Guest RET.Maj.ShadowOp=US=

I am currently saving up for a STEYR AUG/A3 5.56.

As for guns I currently own (numerous shotguns) (several .22 rifles/pistol) and my ace is my olive drab walther p99.

My final load out will be the p99, aug, and kabar all in olive rab :D

Guest Seiph3r
When it comes to 1911's I stick with what works and functions.. aka no goldcups.. lol. I'm pretty partial to Kimber and their custom line, cost me $600 12 years ago, so not sure what they are now adays. If I had to do it all over again I would go with a Sprinfield XD chambered in .40 and a Sig 5.56 instead of my AR. Glock's are nice and fairly price competative. As far as 1911's go Springfield or Kimber.

Its going to be hard to find a 1911 for under $1000 if you are looking for a new one.

You can find good quality stuff on places like gun broker that are new, or very lightly used a lot of times. I've used them probably 5 times and only 1 time had any kind of problem.

As far as brands, S&W and Springfield are always good if you can find one.

Edit: i suppose i should have said one of those brands for under $1000 new. There are ones like rock island and armscor entry level 1911's for under $700. I've heard decent things about some of them too.

When it comes to 1911's I stick with what works and functions.. aka no goldcups.. lol. I'm pretty partial to Kimber and their custom line, cost me $600 12 years ago, so not sure what they are now adays. If I had to do it all over again I would go with a Sprinfield XD chambered in .40 and a Sig 5.56 instead of my AR. Glock's are nice and fairly price competative. As far as 1911's go Springfield or Kimber.

I completely forgot about Kimber! A guy at the range, couple of months back, had his kimber there that he raved about non-stop.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/custom-ii/custom-ii

not quite sub 700 but a good msrp and from what i've heard and read one of the best quality / most reliable for the money.

I got a Lee Enfield No.4 Mk2

Made in 48 i think? Havent even shot it yet but i have shot a older Lee Enfield before and i liked it very much.

But yea 1911's are very sexy. Classic American pistol! Thats one thing we still make right in this country...guns!

So I went to the local gun shop here in town and looked at a new Colt 1911. He has it listed for $960. Sound like a reasonable deal? I don't know the model or anything but when I held it in my hands it was of those gotta have it feelings. :D

Guest Seiph3r
I completely forgot about Kimber! A guy at the range, couple of months back, had his kimber there that he raved about non-stop.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/custom-ii/custom-ii

not quite sub 700 but a good msrp and from what i've heard and read one of the best quality / most reliable for the money.

Honestly this is the way to go. Colt's to this day are prone to mechanical wear and tear, Springfields are over priced and need tweaking out of the box. I bought a Kimber because they were kind of the new kid on the block and it was a clearance buy. I have never felt regret from the purchase. It doesn't like fancy bs rounds like Blaser.. I only shoot Winchester or Remington PMC .45 ball ammo in it and it eats targets up out to 50 yards. Mags are always pricey but always get the Kimber mags in the blued metal, I have issues with the stainless locking the slide back after a mag dump. Probably the feed ramp.

Either way love to shoot what ever you buy. Hopefully it loves you back. :)

Nice.

Use it hard and put it away wet. (That is to say fire a bunch of rounds, then clean and oil the hell out of it before you store it)

Archived