Crossfire Decreased FPS.

Guest RET.CW2.POLLVX=US=

Guest RET.CW2.POLLVX=US=

I just received my new 6950 and installed it with Crossfire. CCC and GPU-Z both inform me that Crossfire is enable. My first card is in an x16 slot and the second is in an x8 slot. I'm running one bridge (as that's all I have).

Now the problem: my games are running with lower frame rates. BFBC2 in 5906x1080 runs at 45fps (no change) and Unigine Heaven runs at 8fps (ran at 13.5fps with a single card). I've installed the latest CAP from AMD and I have 11.9 installed for the driver. Any ideas?

Computer

Motherboard: EVGA 131-GT-E767-TR

Processor: Core i7-950 3.07Ghz (not OC'ed)

RAM: 8192MB

Graphics Cards: 2xMSI R6950 Twin Frozr II 2GB

Power Supply: Corsair TX850

Guest MarkyGman

Sgt,

Generally in a PCIe 2.0 setup , there is VERY little loss in a 16x to an 8x. Since you have dual 8x slots. Try running both cards in both 8x slots in Crossfire, and see if that brings your FPS up.

Guest RET.CDR.CrAzY_NuTtA=US=

Whether it's any help or not, in my old rig of 4850s i experienced exactly the same fps when using crossfire as i did without. However, i never experienced a drop. It may be that BC2 is just badly coded to run crossfire??

Sorry i can only suggest google is your friend.

Guest RET.CW2.POLLVX=US=
I enabled the AMD Crossfire watermark and it appears in BFBC2. When I checked the load, the first card ran at 97%-99% and the second card at 57%. My processor never jumped above 60%. This is really frustrating. Playing across three monitors is more trouble than it's worth. All I want is my three monitors running BF3 at 45+ fps. There has to be something wrong with my setup.

Guest RET.CW2.POLLVX=US=
To anyone who cares: the problem does not lie with Crossfire, but Eyefinity. When I run BFBC2 maxed out on every setting with 1920x1080 my average FPS is 115-125. From what I've read online (thanks for the tip Commander :P ) the two do not work well together, which makes no sense. Why have the ability to put a lot of pixels on three screens when technology that would let that run smooth doesn't work? Thanks AMD!

Guest RET.CW2.POLLVX=US=
Glad to see your problems were solved Sgt. Pollvx

My problem is not resolved. Playing across three monitors has decreased performance with Crossfire. When I play single screen it works great.

Archived