In-Game Video Recording.

Guest RET.CW2.POLLVX=US=

Guest RET.CW2.POLLVX=US=

After tonight's filming for the Unknown Soldiers trailer, I went online to see what software can record videos...apparently, XFIRE can. I cannot get it to work, as it crashes every time I try to record, but maybe some other people will have luck. It's scroll-lock+V for video recording. You may have to set the rederer for the game to D3D11, if you're using that.

Also, to toggle crouch...look in the GameSettings.ini file under the BFBC2 directory under My Documents. ToggleCrouch=1.

Guest Navi491

Run x-fire as administrator and try running it on dx9 if it wont work on dx11.

I got it to work on bc2 by doing that.

Also i use FRAPS for recording, and for those whom use FRAPS i suggest you save the recorded video files onto a dedicated hard drive that is not being used by the systems OS or by the game you are recording. Further more try lowering your systems resolution if you are experiencing some lag/stuttering when playing the game while recording or notice stuttering in the video when you view them.

By doing this i was able to record bf3 beta on ultra with 1920x1080 resolution without any lag or drop in quality.

Hey pollvx, i normally stream over the internet using xsplit, it has grat quality and a good codec, and aboveall you have a wonderfull local record button, xfire will work but has so much bugs an such a terrible size if you record (1gb per min or so) xsplit has a smaller size but still records on full HD resolution.

Maybe you can try using it for recording purposes only

Guest killophile

You can always try to get FRAPS which works wonderfully well.

I never quite liked XFIRE recording anyway so I would recommend FRAPS.

Guest Ret.Maj.Xander=US=
i liked xfire recording for the convenience, the encoding and uploading is all done for you, but i'm sure there are ones with better quality out there.

Guest RET.CW2.POLLVX=US=
The key feature I was looking for in video recording software was the price: free. I'm not willing to spend $37 for FRAPS. Anyone know of an open-source D3D recording suite?

Guest Navi491

Try using this program, http://camstudio.org/ , its an open source free screen recording software. It also allows for streaming.

Check it out and let me know how it works out. It was highly suggested on the FRAPS forums as an alternative to FRAPS. I personally have no experience with it.

so my uploading debacle ending in a blase of flames, not so much glory, i had to of done something wrong so ill be on this after nooon if anyone is on trying to trouble shoot what happened and make it all work right iwth the core program so hit me back later if possible plz

Guest RET.CW2.POLLVX=US=

Sir,

FRAPS will do whatever screen resolution you have. I was just recording 1920x1080 with only a drop of about 15fps. I also found a method to remove the weapon from the shot and increase the field-of-view, allowing for better filming.

Archived